Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC)

12,487 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Vivificus
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As long as BTC keeps going down I think I'll hold back from buying back in.
7nine
Vivificus
AG
Pabby said:

The proper valuation for this is 0.092 x BTC, correct? That's all this stock is? Am I missing something?

The first few posts highlighted the advantages over bitcoin that I see. It's historically it's been trading around a 50% premium, and as high as 100% premium. It's at about 35% right now if my calculations are right.
Viv
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

As long as BTC keeps going down I think I'll hold back from buying back in.
i'm thinking the same thing.
aggieiniowa
AG
any thoughts on LTEA? I know it is a little odd that a beverage company suddenly becomes a bitcoin crypto company, but I am curious if this can keep going up. At some point the valuations and jumps are stupid. I bought 100 shares just to see if this keeps going up. I tried to buy the other company that McCaf was in, but WellsFargo said that it could not be traded.
Vivificus
AG
Anything tied to bitcoin even in name only has been up the past few weeks, many are down today. You never know. Hope it works out for you.
Viv
Texaggie7nine
I think I'm just going to hodl onto MGTI with white knuckles and hope bitcoin starts growing again in the coming months.
7nine
sts7049
AG
that's my plan
Vivificus
AG
+12% today. I think that if bitcoin can stay relatively consistent, the premium may grow again, hopefully continue to grow as bitcoin goes up
Viv
Texaggie7nine
Unless you think bitcoin is going to go to 20k in the next month or so, I don't see it being worth the risk.
7nine
Vivificus
AG
I think it's possible, not likely, I would like to see it consistently in the 17 range
Viv
Ragoo
AG
https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/bitcoin-mayer-multiple/
Vivificus
AG
I expect to see about +10% today due to the BTC price edging back towards 16k
Viv
Vivificus
AG
Only +6% Friday.

I expect another +7% to about $2550 Monday if BTC can hold above 17k for the weekends.
Viv
Vivificus
AG
Up 13% today following 91 to 1 split anouncement. Split will be for owners of record Jan 22 and will take place On Jan 26.

Bitcoin Investment Trust Announces Stock Split https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-investment-trust-announces-stock-222100553.html
Viv
Texaggie7nine
So CNBC did coverage from MGTI server farms yesterday for several hours. I am assuming that accounts for the uptick today. I'm still holding even though I'm down over 40%. I think once their earnings report comes out for the last quarter and if bitcoin starts creeping back up again, it will go up towards $10.
7nine
Vivificus
AG
I'll be interested to see what the price does Monday after the split. I expect it will be easier for smaller investors to swallow the $20 price point vs the $1600 price point. I'm hoping to see some upward movement especially if Bitcoin can hold over the weekend.
Viv
Kyle 2012
AG
What kind of fees do they have for the fund?

If they're reasonable, it seems like it would be a good avenue for investment
Vivificus
AG
Kyle 2012 said:

What kind of fees do they have for the fund?

If they're reasonable, it seems like it would be a good avenue for investment

It's a high fee @ 2%. Not sure it's the best long term play on crypto, but it has advantages.
Viv
Kyle 2012
AG
Oh good! That's not too bad, for a shorter position. There some equity funds out there with fees that get closer to that. I wonder if they allow margin
Vivificus
AG
With the volatility in bitcoin lately, the 2% isn't going to make a lot of difference. I haven't done any margin trading with it.
Viv

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.