Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Timekeeping System Recommendation Needed

1,831 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiemetal
atmtws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations on timekeeping systems? We have about 20 employees. I want biometric with wifi (due to location of time clock). I would also like something that has an online portal that is very simple (for the baby boomer users in the office) and has a decent suite of reports. We currently use QB professional 2017 through our accountant.
GE
AG
What is the business environment? Office where everyone is in the same location? People working in different locations?

I think the level of detail at which you want time tracked would also impact what system you go with.
Talon 07
Look into TSheets.
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Quit workin so damn much and visit the GB more often. Need to grab lunch soon in Boerne. I work with a lot of construction companies so we can figure out what they are using. Everyone is having the same issues. Some are ahead of the curve. (Formerly george92 before my latest permaban)
FinanceWildcat
I just implemented UAttend for our office. I have 12 employees at our main location, and 9 employees at our satellite locations (5 different storage buildings around Texas). We got the wired biometric clock for the office, and are in the process of getting the wifi version for each satellite location if possible, but in the meantime the satellite employees use the app to clock in and out. Each punch is GPS logged, and we have geofences on each location so they can't punch anywhere else.

The online portal shows their timecard, accruals, etc and all you need is a login and password- their punch app also shows their timecard if they don't have a computer. They also have the capability to submit vacation requests, input expenses for approval, and tips if you need that. All my remote employees are equipment operators, so we don't have those functions turned on, but it's an easy process if we ever were to want them.

Pricing is monthly, based on number of employees. I think the clock was $199 and our subscription for 20-50 employees is $49/month.
cohibasymas
AG
ATMTWS said:

Any recommendations on timekeeping systems? We have about 20 employees. I want biometric with wifi (due to location of time clock). I would also like something that has an online portal that is very simple (for the baby boomer users in the office) and has a decent suite of reports. We currently use QB professional 2017 through our accountant.

CPA here; I work for a company that outsources the bookkeeping, accounting, and Controller services for SMBs using QuickBooks. Not being "salesy;" just wanted to set the stage.

We use Tsheets internally for our own company and recommend/implement it with most of our clients. It works great, is priced well, and syncs very well with QB.

If your employees are showing up to the same location/s every day, Tsheets can provide a kiosk at no extra change, which will accomplish what you're looking for from a biometric prospective. If you have folks going out to different job sites all the time (think Direct TV installation company), then currently Tsheets doesn't have a solution for biometrics that will meet that need, but they're working on it (I literally just called them to get clarification to write this post). EDIT they don't currently have biometric solutions for mobile workers, but mobile workers can absolutely clock in and out on their smartphones while out and about.

Feel free to reach out if you want to talk further. kris.russell at growthforce dot com.
aggiemetal
AG
ATMTWS said:

Any recommendations on timekeeping systems?
check with the guys behind the Kyle Field clock in September, they've got it nailed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.