Business & Investing
Sponsored by

LinkedIn Solicitation

1,413 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by topher06
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those of you in procurement, outside sales, sourcing, etc.. Does trying to sell things to people via LinkedIn ever get a response?
Martin Q. Blank
swimmerbabe11
I'm thinking more of soliciting products to retailers or materials or operations necessities
diehard03
No, but what I buy has a very high barrier to entry. Everyone knows everyone already.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I have used LinkedIn as a method of contact/intro to get their email addresses and then work from there. It's worked quite well for me, but most of my business is international. So either I reach out on LinkedIn or I have to wait for trade shows.
I'M SANDBOX B****!!! I'M 250 MILLION DOLLARS!!
Harry Stone
AG
I get solicited all the time and just ignore them. Especially web design, mktg services, etc.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I think a lot of it depends on what you're selling. Selling a service, I'll ignore it. Selling a material that I use, I'll hear ya out and give you my email address.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

For those of you in procurement, outside sales, sourcing, etc.. Does trying to sell things to people via LinkedIn ever get a response?

I'm in sales and use LinkedIn all the time for research and if someone is just impossible to get ahold of on the phone or email.

I think the real value is if you can effectively communicate your product/service with a personal message. I get stuff all time from recruiters and those that respond with personal or researched notes, always get a response even though it's always no.

That being said, LinkedIn is slowly becoming FB 2.0 and is pushing a lot of people out. Way too many political posts and selfies for happy hour... not sure it has the value it did two years ago.
Harkrider 93
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

lots of my friends use it for referrals/introductions - find the person who you want to do business with and see if there is a friend/contact of yours that can introduce you this prospect
topher06
LinkedIn is just a place for recruiters to post a made up story about how they helped some random stranger who inspired them to change their life. Too bad, it was a useful tool for a while.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.