Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Individual Health Insurance Plans

1,917 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by selk
aggieswmr04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone on here have an insurance agent they recommend or an individual health plan they recommend for individual health policies? Or recommendations on what to stay away from?

Company was with dropped individual plans and starting over to figure out what is best. Haven't had to do this is in a while. Need to get it done ASAP

Self employed and only need for individual coverage.

Thanks.
Colt98
AG
Had the same thing happen to me a few months ago with Humana. I'm in central Texas so I ended up going with a Scott and white ppo. My deductible increased $5k and the whole thing is a bunch of bs, but it is what it is.
LOYAL AG
AG
OP,

Where are you? I believe the availability of individual plans is a county thing. Brazos County is a great place to be with BCBS and S/W both offering way overpriced HMO plans, you know the kind that were all but dead when the market had some semblance of influence on health insurance. Now that it's a government racket HMO's are making a come back because of their high premiums and poor quality.

Good luck. This has become one of the most stressful parts of being self employed, not knowing where next year's health insurance will come from or how much it will cost. But hey at least my deductible is only up 30%. I mean that's a fantastic outcome compared to my premiums which are up are up 200% since 2013. I'll be sure to thank a Democrat or Republican when I get the chance.

Frustration aside there are a couple of health insurance brokers that post on this forum with one being a good friend. I'll ping him and see if he can help.
mazzag
AG

https://www.takecommandhealth.com
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Quote:

This. Aggie-owned company that does good work for you in the individual market.
2wealfth Man
AG
aggieswmr04 said:

Anyone on here have an insurance agent they recommend or an individual health plan they recommend for individual health policies? Or recommendations on what to stay away from?

Company was with dropped individual plans and starting over to figure out what is best. Haven't had to do this is in a while. Need to get it done ASAP

Thanks.

I think the last viable individual health insurer, Cigna, is pulling out of that market here in TX as of 12/31/17. I am self-employed and am out of options for next year other than Obama Care or faith-based sharing plans.
mazzag
AG
This is what I cut back to this year. I have no idea how it works because none of us have gone to the dr since I switched to it , but it's extremely affordable, I'm sure for good reason, and I have a separate plan thru Humana for vision/dental. Total paid is $660 per month family of 5 (basically me , my husband, 2 sons age 22 & 23 and a 14yr old daughter) That's for 2017 of course so no idea what I'll face in 2018.

http://www.alierahealthcare.com
RolloInsurance_Morgan
Feel free to reach out to me if you would like, morgan.moudy@rolloinsurance.com. I have options for you.
Endo Ag
AG
It's far from perfect, but I switched to a Christian cost sharing plan. It's far from perfect, and I'd rather have traditional insurance, but I pay ~$300 for a family of 4 and avoid the IRS penalty for no insurance. I don't have high expectations for them paying much, but the exchange policies were going cost $1400 per month and the deductible was something like $14,000, so I'd have to spend 25,000 out of pocket with no Christian reimbursement before I lose out.
aggieswmr04
In the Kingwood area, but in construction does work potentially all over the state. Humana was who dropped and I'm not liking much with what I see in options.

Thanks to everyone for responding, we'll be in touch as soon as we can sort through some of this information.
IrishTxAggie
AG
hodgesco said:

Quote:

This. Aggie-owned company that does good work for you in the individual market.

This
agsdocdo
AG
You mentioned Cigna is pulling out of Texas?
Do you know if it includes all Cigna plans such as Cigna Healthsprings. Thanks
selk
AG
selk
AG
aggieswmr04 said:

Thanks.

Contact me if you haven't gotten this done. Have the perfect plan for you. Cigna network, exempt from obama care shawn.elkins@ ushadvisors. com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.