Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Volume sourcing from China

788 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by corndog04
dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my businesses is vehicle sales/financing. Last holiday season we bought a number of ATV's from a DFW wholesale guy. Thinking about cutting out that cost and ordering bulk from China. And one little note - not trying to purchase an exact number. Would rather have more than not enough for the holiday and tax refund seasons. I can't imagine these cheap kid ATV's depreciate within a year. So point being - would rather cut down on price per unit from both product price and overhead (insurance, lease space etc).

Thanks in advance!
corndog04
AG
Just in a quick search there are tons of ATV manufacturers on Alibaba. This isn't an area I'd personally be comfortable in (liability nightmare, plus no idea what kind of regulations if any for these types of vehicles), but it's pretty easy to get some quotes from potential suppliers and a freight forwarder. Find a few you like and make a trip to China to vet them before making a final selection.
dog
AG
Yea. I understand all of your points.

But I'm willing to except the risk. Which luckily is something I understand (worked for surplus lines broker out of grad school). So ill insure every possible risk available.

Have you purchased volume from China before?

dog
AG
Are you an entrepreneur?
corndog04
AG
I've done some limited volume purchasing from China, all through Alibaba,, but very basic stuff compared to motorized equipment and items small enough that I'm not dealing with having to send it on boats at my volume (a few thousand sets). I'd call it more side gig than entrepreneur at this point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.