Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Are 6 sigma green belts still worth the trouble?

1,785 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Burdizzo
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My company has a green belt class starting up and before I start fighting for a spot, I thought I would ask if they are still worth the trouble
FarmerJohn
AG
Does anyone at your company care? Mine has the program but really no one in senior management gives a rip.
Dr. Horrible
Are you going to go for your black belt after?
Whitetail
AG
If your company uses statistics to communicate, I'd say yes. A lot of time you use statistics to determine financial risk. The earlier you understand how that works the better for your career.
94chem
When they start looking for synergies in management, it makes it easier if they just get rid of all the 6 sigma experts.
Ragoo
AG
94chem said:

When they start looking for synergies in management, it makes it easier if they just get rid of all the 6 sigma experts.
4-5 riffs ago the six sigma people were the first to go....
YouBet
AG
So, this has become a trend at our company now as well. I've considered doing it to simply understand what all of the hoopla is about.
Ragoo
AG
YouBet said:

So, this has become a trend at our company now as well. I've considered doing it to simply understand what all of the hoopla is about.
it is all process improvement, mainly around manufacturing. The problem is the human element. Too many people fart off on the internet, coffee bar, smoke lounge, etc.
AgLA06
AG
I finally saw a business article discussing certifications like this and the PMP starting to fall from grace (like they should have long ago).

I had a recruiter tell me I needed a PMP. Who knew an MBA wasn't catch word enough.
ac04
Burdizzo
AG
Jon H. Ryan said:

YouBet said:

it is all process improvement, mainly around manufacturing. The problem is the human element. Too many people fart off on the internet, coffee bar, smoke lounge, etc.

Back in 2009-2012 our company spent a boatload of money getting people trained up and certified on PMP in advance of new project management software they were buying. The training was completely voluntary. It was great training, but the company has never really implemented PMP practices, and the software doesn't either.

But I got some more letters to add to my name.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.