Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Unraveling QE

1,301 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LOYAL AG
Ag92NGranbury
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone else nervous as the fed begins to unravel QE?

it is about 12k per every man, woman, child and nondisclosed gender types living in the united states.

$4.5 trillion is a lot of cash-ola...

hope it ends well
SparkE
If they do it right - no problem. I'm just trying to remember the last time the fed actually did something 100% right

My fixed income is entirely fixed rate CDs and short term corporates, split about 50/50. I'm getting about a 2% yield with a duration of about 1.75 years and I'm happy with that for now.

Short duration CD yields are more attractive than treasuries right now, so if you can split your fixed income allocation into FDIC insured CDs instead of treasuries + a balance of corporates and whatever else you like, you can do a little better than you otherwise might with a total bond fund or similar.

The real risk is if rates rise faster than anticipated. Bond fund NAVs would not be the worry then, but rather what the equity markets would do in response.
Rice and Fries
Higher interest rates means higher cap rates which means lower values for real estate.
RoseRichAg01
Pretty sure that the bird lady has this.

Right?
Buck O Five
AG
Bernanke has suggested that the Fed will raise rates before pulling back on QE. Seems risky, but maybe they want to have the tool of lowering rates in their back pocket in case the economy hits the skids again in the moderate term.
LOYAL AG
AG
The money supply has grown for almost 50 years and you think they're suddenly going to reign it in?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.