Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Anyone selling Apple today?

4,650 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by leoj
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
208.32 now. Let's see if it closes above 207.05
cheeky
AG
Met with a man yesterday who now has $14M in Apple alone. Cost basis is just under 1.3M. He's ready to sell, but he's retiring next year. That's his motivation. At a trillion dollar market cap, it's hard to make the case that AAPL has better days ahead.
ToddyHill
AG
Quote:

it's hard to make the case that AAPL has better days ahead.
I've been an Apple shareholder since 2007. I too felt that way until I began to dig into their numbers a couple of quarters ago (when they discussed their growing Service business). It's now their 2nd largest sales generator, growing close to 40% per year, and generating 80% gross margins (compared to the mid 40's for the Iphone). With a 1.4 million user base, and many using their Service business, I now believe...in a few years...Apple will be known as a Service company that is also a manufacturer. The result will be expanding net margins and a PE that moves higher than where it's at today (roughly 20). All in my opinion.

aggiedata
AG
P/E at 20. Bingo on services. I see higher dividends and more stock buy backs as well.
Leander - Ag
AG
ToddyHill said:

Quote:

it's hard to make the case that AAPL has better days ahead.
I've been an Apple shareholder since 2007. I too felt that way until I began to dig into their numbers a couple of quarters ago (when they discussed their growing Service business). It's now their 2nd largest sales generator, growing close to 40% per year, and generating 80% gross margins (compared to the mid 40's for the Iphone). With a 1.4 million user base, and many using their Service business, I now believe...in a few years...Apple will be known as a Service company that is also a manufacturer. The result will be expanding net margins and a PE that moves higher than where it's at today (roughly 20). All in my opinion.

This all the way. Multiple is way too low for a services company. They are being evaluated as a HW company.
leoj
AG
I can't wait for 5-10 years with the possibilities of combining their service platforms with a/r hardware.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.