Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Anyone selling Apple today?

4,668 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by leoj
Post removed:
by user
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got in around $110, keeping long term.
badharambe
AG
congrats guys! I wish I had bought some at those levels, i am not currently a holder but this next quarter with the iPhone 8 buzz seems like it should be a great upcoming quarter! just be careful as the time comes, i could definitely see a "sell the news" event taking place as success of the iphone 8 may get priced in
Guitarsoup
AG
Bought at 102 and continue to hold
woodyhayes
Bought in at $97 and dividends reinvest. Talking heads say $180 may be top. Holding for the long haul.
62strat
AG
I don't get aapl dividends ?!?

Edit: I see it's selected to put into core acct. never noticed. I changed it to reinvest in security. I don't remember selecting that... is that a default for stocks? I noticed nflx and T were the same.
redsox34
AG
You certaintly should.
libertyag
AG
Late to the party, my average cost is $149 and will hold for the long term on this one.
SparkE
Bought in @ 169. I've thought about selling some calls.

EDIT: That's $24ish post-split.
HoustonAg2014
AG
FYI most investment companies (Ex. Fidelity) default to a core investment fund instead of reinvesting the dividends. That or they have an option online that you have to select to change from the cash account to reinvest dividends. I can imagine there are people out there that thought they were reinvesting dividends for years and never took the time to call or check and it is going to come back to bite them on the compounding side...
62strat
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

FYI most investment companies (Ex. Fidelity) default to a core investment fund instead of reinvesting the dividends. That or they have an option online that you have to select to change from the cash account to reinvest dividends. I can imagine there are people out there that thought they were reinvesting dividends for years and never took the time to call or check and it is going to come back to bite them on the compounding side...
Yeh, my mutual funds were all selected to reinvest. I guess stock purchases don't default the same way is my guess, because I've never selected it for any purchase, and that's how it's divided. All my individual stocks were selected to pay div. in cash, mutual funds were to reinvest. For some reason I thought aapl didn't pay a div, so it never occurred to me to look into it. I don't own many individual stocks, the others amzn, nflx, UA, don't pay. I've been missing out on aapl (for just 1 year), and XOM and T for a few years.
ToddyHill
AG
I may be a bit of a contrarian. My thought on AAPL is that it is a buy and hold (and re-invest the dividend) until their metric suggests otherwise.

About ten years ago, my daughter (who was a sophomore at TCU) suggested I buy AAPL. In her words, she said, "Dad, I think this IPhone is going to be a pretty big deal." I took her advice, and went disproportionately heavy into AAPL. It turned out to be a grand slam for me.

No doubt, there's money to be made in AAPL on the buy/sell side. For me, I suck at timing the market, and so I'm just fully invested and enjoying the ride.

lazuras_dc
AG
I told my dad the same thing 15 years ago but he didn't buy

Bought appl myself in 2013? I sold it all at 115
aggiedata
AG
I was trying to remember so I looked it up. Apple split 7 to 1 in June 2014 and opened at $92.69. I jumped in first in 2012 with a dividend reinvestment.
what say you
just bought in... what are your thoughts on this one?
Bonfire1996
AG
It is going to $200 and beyond. Too much absorption in Apple Watch, IPads, and the Home Pod is going to sell like no other Apple Product before. Throw in the 10th Gen iPhone and the Christmas season is going to be absolutely nuts for Apple.

Oh, and its trading at 18x earnings which is criminally low compared to the tech stocks it is compared to (facebook, Google, Netflix, Amazon)
ktownag08
AG
Here's one for ya Ags. If I still had the initial investment in AAPL my grandfather bought for me in the 80s, I'd have somewhere around 2.5 million today. Sold waaaaay to early...
eye-gor
AG
My FIL started buying several years ago, told me one evening that our inheritance was based on it. Looks like all three kids are getting near 1.5MM as he recently cashed out. Me, I've been in since ~650. Needless to say, AAPL has been very good to our family. Sorry for the brag (really not sorry).
Biz Ag
AG
Bought at $130.

In 2008.
Ragoo
AG
picked up more at 157 yesterday
62strat
AG
BizAg83 said:

Bought at $130.

In 2008.

So not quite 10x return. The key is, how much

$1000 play purchase or $50k life changer?
Douph
Biz Ag
AG
200 shares.

Unfortunately, I sold 100 of them went it hit $200/share before the markets went to sheet in early 2009.

And don't even get me started on Priceline.

Oh, what could've been.
62strat
AG
Hell 700 shares post-split is not a bad holding.
Biz Ag
AG
Agreed.

I've been very fortunate in my investments and have no reason to complain.
schwack schwack
AG
I bought 100 shares at $93.66. I'm holding.
Leander - Ag
BTHOB-98
So...not a bad day today.
woodyhayes
I believe at $203/share they are a trillion dollar comp. Closed at $201.50 today.
Mathguy64
AG
Apple released an updated count of outstanding shares and based on that the target price is $207.05.
leoj
AG
Good thing I added shares in the 180s to my wife's Ira and not mine. I guess I can take consolation in the fact that it's the largest holding of my vanguard etf in my 401k.
woodyhayes
u r right mathguy. At $204 and change now, new target $207. Any thought if or when they may split again ?
Mathguy64
AG
It's been at roughly 206.50-206.90 the last half hour. It just briefly hit 207.05 then pulled back.
aggiedata
AG
I saw on Fox Business where if this company is valued like a tech services firm, not a computer/phone maker, the stock price should be more like $400 a share. It's services segment is growing in this quarter. Apple could be undervalued, therefore the massive increase in price.
double aught
AG
Up 350% since purchase. This stock stuff is easy!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.