Business & Investing
Sponsored by

FANG

1,654 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
Thomas Sowell, PhD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, and Google ( alphabet). Cramer.

Woukd do you buy all four right now or just some? I'm only leery on Netflix
IrishTxAggie
AG
Why leery of Netflix?
SlackerAg
AG
Netflix is the weaker of the group, since the others can invade their moat (Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV).
AgBank
AG
DrHeadShrink said:

Considering shorting most on that list.
Cancelled
AG
What, short time? All those stocks are going to keep growing.
SACR
AG
DrHeadShrink said:

Netflix is the only one of those four who pays a dividend, which means it is a true investment.

Trading in the other three is almost like trading in a highly valued (and hot) commodity right now.
Ragoo
AG
SACR said:

DrHeadShrink said:

Netflix is the only one of those four who pays a dividend, which means it is a true investment.

Trading in the other three is almost like trading in a highly valued (and hot) commodity right now.
when did netflix begin paying a dividend?
SACR
AG
Ragoo said:

SACR said:

DrHeadShrink said:

That's my bad, somehow I got it in my head that Netflix pays a dividend, even though they've never paid one.

This means that if you buy any or all of FANG right now, your best bet is to hope that their value continues to rise, and that their stock eventually splits, because it is the only way you will end up with more shares (outside of continued purchase as you DCA).

If you own shares of an S&P 500 index, though, you're already in Facebook, Amazon, and Google, as they are three of the top 10 holdings in the index. To be in the S&P 500 these days is to be a tech investor.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Your chance was about 6-7 weeks ago when all those stocks fell for absolutely no reason at all. I'm still kicking myself because I was up 10% on Apple in the previous 2 months and had everything I had in there. The Friday of super regionals I forgot to put a stop loss in and it fell $10 and I lost most of my gains but now back to up 10%.

I still think you can invest in any of them. It's a crap shoot around earnings time though but I just don't see 2 tech crashes in 2 months.
The Pilot
AG
FB up 4% after earnings report.
62strat
AG
Ragoo said:

SACR said:

DrHeadShrink said:

Man, for a second I was like, wtf, I've never gotten any gd dividend!
Iowaggie
AG
If it matters:

Netflix has accumulated a hefty $20.54 billion in long-term debt and obligations in its effort to produce more original content, and the net cash outflow this year is forecast to grow to as much as $2.5 billion, up from $1.7 billion last year.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-netflix-debt-spending-20170729-story,amp.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.