Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Email question?

1,595 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ww
Truman2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When you receive an email from another internal team asking you to provide documentstion or something that may take week or so how many of you respond to emails and acknowledge receipt of the request?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Don't people use "Read Receipts" for that stuff?
TwoMarksHand
AG
I don't quite follow what you are asking. But, I make it a personal goal to answer every email, call, or text that I get regarding work and in a timely fashion. Say, within an hour or so. Especially if they are directly contacting me. The only emails that I don't respond are company wide mass emails that need no response.

Nothing annoys the hell out of me more than people who don't respond to direct contacting methods. There isn't anyone out there that isn't too busy to at least acknowledge being contacted by the next hour or two. Even if just to say "I'm in a meeting call you after".

Also, I'm in industrial sales, so that probably explains my response.
The Pilot
AG
If I cannot provide an answer within a few hours, I'll send an email acknowledging the email and inform them I'll look into the matter and provide an answer in X days/weeks, etc.
Diyala Nick
AG
Ernest Goes to Camp GIF
07&09Ag
My expectation is a response within 24 hours. That may be answering the question or stating they received and will provide answer by X.
Diet Cokehead
AG
"Hi Bob,

I hope you are doing well. I got your email and am working to put your widget together and should have it over to you by next Tuesday at the latest. If anything changes with the timeline, I'll let you know. Thank you.

Me"
Ulrich
Depends. In most cases I'll respond within minutes, usually with a couple follow up questions, and communicate a timeline.

As a sidebar, even if I'm not technically the right person I will usually still make sure the request gets done. There should always be a good reason for not helping, and I consider oddball requests to be learning opportunities.

However, sometimes the requester is not worth the investment of time. In those cases, they have to make multiple efforts before I'll help. It's a little cold, but I work too much to volunteer my time for people who will waste it.
tlepoC
AG
I get hundreds of emails a day so I most definitely can't and don't answer within an hour. Some don't get responses. I don't like it but I'm in meetings 7-8 hours a day and have a huge team to manage. Emails get a glance to determine if I must respond and then they sit until I can get to them. Sometimes I accidentally Mark all as read and then hundreds don't get a response unless they follow up. What can you do?
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Ulrich said:

However, sometimes the requester is not worth the investment of time. In those cases, they have to make multiple efforts before I'll help. It's a little cold, but I work too much to volunteer my time for people who will waste it.
You must work with the same JV partners I do
The Pilot
AG
Aggierific said:

I get hundreds of emails a day so I most definitely can't and don't answer within an hour. Some don't get responses. I don't like it but I'm in meetings 7-8 hours a day and have a huge team to manage. Emails get a glance to determine if I must respond and then they sit until I can get to them. Sometimes I accidentally Mark all as read and then hundreds don't get a response unless they follow up. What can you do?
Not post on Texags and respond to emails.
Ag13
AG
Aggierific said:

I get hundreds of emails a day so I most definitely can't and don't answer within an hour. Some don't get responses. I don't like it but I'm in meetings 7-8 hours a day and have a huge team to manage.
wow you must be really important
tlepoC
AG
Nope. Just severely under-resourced.
CapCity12thMan
AG
stop having so many meetings

Killin Me Smalls
AG
ColinAggie said:

Read Receipts suck
ww
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

ColinAggie said:

Read Receipts suck
Yup. And immediately makes me lose respect for that person.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.