Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Talos oil find

1,950 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by buffalo chip
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In partnership with Mexico, big find in block 7:

http://www.talosenergyllc.com/news/Talos-Energy-Gears-Up-For-Plunge-In-Offshore-Mexico
Waltonloads08
AG
Rongagin71 said:

In partnership with Mexico

Best of luck to them. All it takes is a few administrative adjustments and Mexico nationalizes the find. They've done it before, they'll do it again. Trust the Mexicans at your own risk.
Rongagin71
AG
My understanding is that Mexico almost got invaded in 1939 when they nationalized oil just when the U.S. needed it for WW2...but there were big finds in Texas that more than replaced the Mexican oil, especially as Texas oil was price controlled.
John Maplethorpe
AG
It's been 80 years. They'll have a much harder time doing it again, there are a lot of NAFTA provisions specifically designed to make this kind of deal-breaking extremely painful. I wouldn't be concerned unless they go full-blown communist.
62strat
AG
Do you work for Talos?

I posted a chron article on this back on the 12th in 'Houston we have a problem' thread
Satellite of Love
Ah Tim Duncan....I haven't heard or seen that man in years. I went to a data room back in '08 or '09 and Timmy was the lead pitchman. We got a weird feeling from him. Fancy suit, slicked back hair and shiny cufflinks, an engineer gone bad if you will.

Good to see he his making real finds versus selling overpriced snake oil!
buffalo chip
S
Would have thought he made enough money in basketball...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.