Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Baby Boomer Math

922 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cyp0111
Buck O Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read a book recently which used 2 basic assumptions:

1) Peak earning and savings for most individuals are the years right before retirement
2) Boomers will be retiring at a rate of 10k per day over the next decade, peaking in the mid 2020's

It has been this big influx of dollars seeking investment returns that has suppressed interest rates and driven the bubbles in various markets. With more and more boomers nearing retirement and shoveling money into various investments, the hypothesis is that the DOW should continue to climb until more Boomers are pulling money out than putting money in.

Extremely simplistic, and may be old news, but I was curious what this board thinks.
Buck O Five
AG
I should clarify that this was not an investment book. "The Accidental Superpower" makes statements and predictions based on geography, history, and demographics. The book also stated that instability and declining/aging populations in the rest of the developed world would send conservative investors flocking to the relative safety of the dollar.
Cyp0111
Great book
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.