Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying Health Insurance

6,042 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MAS444
BCG Disciple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diggity said:

We must have had the same plan. It's infuriating.

Yep, infuriating to be compelled to throw away $12k. Just trying to figure out how legit Medishare is. Will probably make the jump regardless, on faith and principle.
selk
AG
BCG Disciple said:

I noticed medishare was brought up in this thread and it is something I'm currently looking at.

We are a healthy (thank God) family of 4 with no preexisting conditions. I spent $12600 on insurance last year through BCBS ($5k deductible, $13k totalfor family) and right now by account show that I received benefits for $260 (a single Dr visit and a prescription).

I am purely looking at not throwing over $12k / yr away by subsidizing families not as fortunate as mine. I would rather do that through church or other volunteer means. That being said, I still want catastrophic coverage in the event something out of our control happens. Meaning, I want the traditional concept of insurance - true catastrophic insurance. Medishare is $300/mo, and I am out of pocket our first $5k for my entire family.

So, if I have an accident or a higher ticket deductible, is medishare stable enough to cover me and have it be true catastrophic insurance? My understanding is that contractually they are not obligated to cover everything, but claim to have a 100% pay rate.
email me if you'd like shawn.elkins@ushadvisors.com can help you decipher through the confusing and answer any questions
moorehead01
AG
I have the exact same questions on Medishare. Curious if anyone has thoughts...
IrishTxAggie
AG
For the questions regarding Medishare, PM AgAttack
sjones
I have a PPO option to offer if anyone is interested. Give me a call at 979-820-2271 or shoot me pm.

Brice
MAS444
AG
Any other first hand experiences with Medishare?
MAS444
AG
never mind...probably stupid question.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.