Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Let's talk A.I.

989 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wheelskjm
04texag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been reading lately on AI and there is a lot of talk out there of AI as a sector growing substantially over the mid term. Who here is also looking into this space and have you found any players worth doing DD on?

It's broken down into two camps from what I know. Hardware and Software. There are big players for both of these already, but what about new players?

Hardware - Nvidia, Intel, AMD
Software - Amazon, Google, (lots use components of it)

wheelskjm
AG
I don't have much to add from the investment side, but am very scared about the consolidation and monopolization of data. When you have only the largest companies capable of performing the best AI analysis, it's not good for everyone.

It'll be more rent seeking behavior.
04texag
AG
Amazon's aws is already doing this. You can rent their compute power for just about anything
Gigemags382
AG
wheelskjm said:

I don't have much to add from the investment side, but am very scared about the consolidation and monopolization of data. When you have only the largest companies capable of performing the best AI analysis, it's not good for everyone.

It'll be more rent seeking behavior.
It looks like my keyboard and/or computer is malfunctioning. I'll walk through the steps I've gone through and see if anyone can fix my issue:

1) Press ctrl + f
2) Type "crypto currency"
3) Results: 0 of 0 found
4) Type "blockchain"
5) Results: 0 of 0 found

Anyone know how to fix this??
wheelskjm
AG
Response to nimrod post above derailed. Removed post.

AI is cool.
Gigemags382
AG
Those emails will be helpful. Thanks.
ac04
04texag
AG
What happened in this thread???
wheelskjm
AG
IBM Watson seems to be a big player right now.

Maybe it's just cuz I'm seeing Watson pop up everytime I open my Facebook feed. Stupid advertising.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.