Business & Investing
Sponsored by

USPS

1,062 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fourth deck
stetson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
During my run this morning, Sunday, I was surprised to see a USPS delivery jeep making deliveries. However, I noticed that he was not stopping at every house and fact stopping at very few houses. As he passed me later I noticed Amazon packages in the cab. Does anyone know of a contract that the USPS has with Amazon?
GreasenUSA
AG
Yes, Amazon uses USPS, UPS, FedEx, and their own services for delivery.
stetson
AG
Yes, I have seen UPS and FedEx deliver on Sunday, but I have never noticed USPS delivering on Sunday. Is this something new?
Seven Costanza
AG
USPS delivers packages on Sundays, but not mail. Sunday deliveries from the USPS have always been available at a high cost, but they struck an agreement three or so years ago with Amazon to do it at a much lower price. Not sure if it's been expanded to other retailers as well.
ORAggieFan
Been going on a while. I see one almost every Sunday.
stetson
AG
I guess I have never noticed. Funny enough, I just heard a USPS commercial stating that they deliver more eCommerce packages than anyone.
fourth deck
AG
USPS has been delivering Amazon packages to our house on Sundays for awhile, one yesterday in fact.
The Wonderer
AG
stetson said:

I guess I have never noticed. Funny enough, I just heard a USPS commercial stating that they deliver more eCommerce packages than anyone.
They are the cheapest and only service available is many rural areas.
fourth deck
AG
Amazing how e-commerce has pushed delivery services to keep up. I know FedEx is using more contract drivers who essentially own their own vehicle and deliver under the FedEx name. Had one knock over my mailbox and paid to keep it on the down low so that FedEx wouldn't terminate his contract.

As it gets closer to Christmas, will routinely see UPS running routes with an extra man in the van and they are actually jogging to the door at each stop. Also notice people roll up in normal looking pickup trucks to deliver packages.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.