Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Auto Insurance Question

762 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ToddyHill
aledo57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably the wrong forum, but here goes... My wife got rear ended yesterday in our 2016 Honda Odyssey. The car is only about 9 months old and has maybe 15,000 miles on it. Not brand new, but certainly not a clunker either.

The accident was not major, but there was certainly damage done to the back bumper and the tailgate, and will have to be fixed. Car is absolutely drivable. The other lady was very apologetic, had insurance and funny enough, lives about 5 houses down from us.

Here's my question: Her insurance company and I both want to get it into the repair shop ASAP. The problem is that we're scheduled to go on vacation the first week in July. We have two little girls and when we bought this van, we bought it specifically for long trips like the one we're about to take. It has DVD player and dual screens for the girls in the back. Further, it's decked out up front. My 18 year old self would be incredibly disappointed that the first ever fully loaded car I purchased was a minivan... Oh well. My guess is that they're going to want us to just take a minivan that likely won't have things like the dvd players and headphones in back and call it a day for the rental car during the repair period. I've had a couple people tell me that if I make a big enough stink, they'll upgrade it to something comparable to our van. What do you guys think?

Should I just tell my kids to suck it up and be happy I'm putting vacation miles on a rental car instead of my own, or would raising a fuss cause them to upgrade us to a nicer family vehicle...
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Take your car on the vacation. Have it repaired after you get back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.