Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Retail

4,198 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TennAg
jamey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Interesting times for retail. Amazon has single-handedly disrupted the entire industry throughout the supply chain. On the logistics side of this, companies are still trying to figure out how to react and plan appropriately for Amazon's entry into air. It's greatly impacted UPS specifically. FedEx not as much, yet.

Regarding Target, the other angle not yet mentioned is CVS and Wal-Greens. They are as prevalent as Starbucks in an urban/suburban area...especially urban. We haven't set foot in a target in a few years simply because we typically only need a few things and it's a hell of a lot easier getting in and out of one of the dozens of CVS stores near us than going to Target. I would love to see Targets take on how they consider these two in their competitive analysis and strategies. They are basically mini-Targets at this point. With CVS, even the colors and logo are similar to Target. Throw in that most people probably have their employer based drug plan set up at a CVS or Wal-Greens and you have another built-in reason to go there.

I agree with that, and basically use CVS/Walgreens as my first choice unless it's something I don't think they have.

BTW, didn't Target turn over/sell their pharmacy to CVS?
DallasAggie0
Trunk Club is basically overpaying to hang out with a hot girl.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Grocery pickup is great. Kroger and Walmart have it near me. Order online and just go pick it up. Simple and pleasant.
jamey
AG
I can see the grocery pickup becoming standard.

I wonder how that impacts Wal-Mart and Target
YouBet
AG
DallasAggie0 said:

Trunk Club is basically overpaying to hang out with a hot girl.
Lol. High end hooker business model that dress you.
SACR
AG
Walmart has had order online/curbside pickup for a while now. If you go inside a Walmart during holiday shopping and fight the crowds instead of shopping online, you're just wasting your time. They even have designated parking. It makes Christmas shopping and meal planning a breeze.
62strat
AG
SACR said:

Walmart has had order online/curbside pickup for a while now. If you go inside a Walmart during holiday shopping and fight the crowds instead of shopping online, you're just wasting your time. They even have designated parking. It makes Christmas shopping and meal planning a breeze.
since most of my xmas shopping is for people who don't live near me, amazon prime and target.com with red card are my go to. Makes no sense to buy in person just to ship it yourself.
SACR
AG
62strat said:

SACR said:

since most of my xmas shopping is for people who don't live near me, amazon prime and target.com with red card are my go to. Makes no sense to buy in person just to ship it yourself.

I'm referring to grocery shopping.
TennAg
I'll add that the b&m grocers better get in on the proportioned meal train soon. it's just too easy and once the expense drops (like if amazon gets involved) it's curtains for some of these chains
TennAg
also, i only go to target to see babes in their yoga pants. otherwise i'm online, click and pull, or hitting cvs for small stuff.
Ragoo
AG
Cvs is so expensive though
Ulrich
TennAg said:

also, i only go to target to see babes in their yoga pants. otherwise i'm online, click and pull, or hitting cvs for small stuff.

You can get that on the internet, too. Click and pull, indeed.
TennAg
Ulrich said:

TennAg said:

You can get that on the internet, too. Click and pull, indeed.
Excellent sir.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.