Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Bought into AAPL at $93. Are y'all holding or selling?

5,323 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ragoo
Post removed:
by user
Leeman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hookers and blow.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Hoping corp tax reform happens. They have $100B in foreign cash that could be repatriated.
cgh1999
AG
They could use that money for an acquisition here in the US. Without tax reform, they bring in 65 cents on the dollar. With, it's closer to 90. That is a massive amount of cash they can spend.
74OA
AG
If the anticipated tax bill offers a way for companies to repatriate the trillions they're holding overseas, Apple stakeholders will get a big payday.

"The Trump administration has promised to lower the corporate tax rate significantly. Economists and politicians on both sides of the aisle have said a lower corporate tax rate or a tax holiday that repatriates money from overseas will unleash hundreds of billions of dollars, if not trillions, in dividends and business investments in the United States."

APPLE
John Maplethorpe
AG
They could also pay out a one time $20 per share dividend.

Edit: could be more like $50/share if they choose. $250B/5B shares outstanding.
Post removed:
by user
Gary Johnson
We're just spitballing with the C-tax rate/foreign repatriation. It's been talked about for decades, still hasn't happened.
Ragoo
AG
Abitaholic said:

Would you keep 50K in RDS.A (Shell) with stagnant growth but a 7% dividend or plow into AAPL at the current price?
on a drip the shell is not stagnant....
Guitarsoup
AG
I bought at 102 but don't follow it. Good news. I'm still holding.
ToddyHill
AG
Biggest mistake I've made was selling 20% of my holdings at $116. I am of the opinion the stock is a must-have holding...until something fundamentally changes. All that said, I've owned AAPL for ten years, so my cost basis allows me the flexibility of holding when others are selling to capture profits.
Post removed:
by user
AgCPA95
AG
Gary Johnson said:

We're just spitballing with the C-tax rate/foreign repatriation. It's been talked about for decades, still hasn't happened.
It has to be more likely than ever to occur now with this administration. Our corporate tax rate is so noncompetitive in a global economy the government is basically forcing global public companies to strand cash overseas. It would be financially irresponsible not to.
John Maplethorpe
AG
That may be true we'll have to see. Even under Reagan the effective C tax didn't move much. Actually went up a little.
AgCPA95
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

That may be true we'll have to see. Even under Reagan the effective C tax didn't move much. Actually went up a little.
Global economy is miles ahead after 30 years so I'm hanging my hat on that, but I'm guessing like everyone else.
Ragoo
AG
Abitaholic said:

Ragoo said:

Abitaholic said:

Would you keep 50K in RDS.A (Shell) with stagnant growth but a 7% dividend or plow into AAPL at the current price?
on a drip the shell is not stagnant....

What does this mean? Lol
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dividendreinvestmentplan.asp
MemphisAg1
AG
Sell.

Stock market is at/near a peak and is way over-inflated by many measures.

Trump's repatriation of foreign profits isn't all it's cracked up to be. Many multinational companies already find a way to access the cash from foreign operations without booking the earnings in the US.

No one ever went broke by taking a profit.
Camo
Bought at $91 as soon as it split..... I'm so happy
ac04
holding. had no idea it was up that high.
biobioprof
Wish I had bought more than the 50 shares I got in 1997.
62strat
AG
biobioprof said:

Wish I had bought more than the 50 shares I got in 1997.
what was that under $1000 at the time? Today worth $200k?

Nice.
Dobre casy
AG
50%+ gain...sell half and you have your original investment back, and the remaining shares are house money. If it continues up, you still have skin in the game, if it goes down, you have dry powder to take advantage.
ToddyHill
AG
Crazy run these last few days.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Wouldn't call ~5% a crazy run but I'll take it. Been pretty big into it for the last 5+ years.
woodyhayes
bought in at $97 and holding. Hope for a split at $200 +/-.
SparkE
Bought in 2008, don't remember my cost basis. I sell 1/3 of my shares when it gets to 5% of my net worth. I've done that a couple times now.
Bocephus
AG
I sold some at 120 and more at 130. I'm holding onto the rest.
BombayAg
Abitaholic said:

Up to $147 and change today. Considering selling, taking profits and buying back in later if there's another drop. Every time I think the run is over it just keeps going up. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

I first bought AAPL in 2005 some time before the iPhone came out, Always maintained a large position in AAPL until 2013 when I sold and got out for good.
Steve Jobs is gone and the company is just kicking the can based on idea from his time. The innovation that existed isn't there anymore.

I would sell and move into AMZN or other companies.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Current prices say you wrong...
Bocephus
AG
BombayAg said:

Abitaholic said:

Up to $147 and change today. Considering selling, taking profits and buying back in later if there's another drop. Every time I think the run is over it just keeps going up. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

I first bought AAPL in 2005 some time before the iPhone came out, Always maintained a large position in AAPL until 2013 when I sold and got out for good.
Steve Jobs is gone and the company is just kicking the can based on idea from his time. The innovation that existed isn't there anymore.

What you say may be true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the stock hit 500 before it collapses.
DRE06
AG
500? Lol
HoustonAg2014
AG
Just go all in on both, then you can't go wrong!
ac04
BombayAg said:

Abitaholic said:

so depending on sale date in 2013, you've missed out on something like 100% growth over the 4 years since you sold? that's impressive can-kicking
Ragoo
AG
ac04 said:

BombayAg said:

Abitaholic said:

so depending on sale date in 2013, you've missed out on something like 100% growth over the 4 years since you sold? that's impressive can-kicking
plus 2% DRIP each year

what a dummy.

when every 4 year stops having the latest iphone you will know when it is time to sell apple.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.