Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Franchise opportunities?

3,257 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jaggiemaggie
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a new retail food franchise opportunity. Not interested in pizza. Open to anything else. We have a few Firehouse Subs and that's going well. Would appreciate any insights or advice. We're looking to own franchise rights in several markets if not states. Looked at Scooters coffee - terrible operation.
Would appreciate any advice.
PincheDriller
AG
Nestle Tollhouse
IrishTxAggie
AG

Five Guys
Jamba Juice
Jimmy John's (not sure about having multiple sammich places)
Wing-Stop
BigPuma
AG
Jimmy's is starting to become over saturated. Plus the new PE group that just bought them is looking at some changes to help prevent them from going the way of Quiznos.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I was just throwing out places that I tend to hit up. Being that age demographic (I'm 29) is important to these plans usually I just threw those ones out there. I can see that with Jimmy John's though. They almost seem to have that Krispy Kreme issue where they and on too fast and too strong.
Harkrider 93
AG
I always thought a Rudy's would do well just about anywhere.

I would jump all over a chick fil a in Dripping Springs. Those rich moms would swarm that place. I think the issue is that Chick wants you to work there.
badharambe
AG
Fuegos
Layne's
Chicken Express

....need them in houston please
NoahAg
Quote:

I think the issue is that Chick requires you to work there.
FIFY. To be a CFA operator, that can be your only job. So OP couldn't run his Firehouse shops and a CFA.

OP, btw, I'm a fan of Firehouse. How many do you have, and how'd you get started, if you don't mind?

NoahAg
Quote:

Looked at Scooters coffee - terrible operation.
Funny, I'd never heard of Scooters until we just went to Iowa. Are they only in the midwest? What was bad about it?
Sonofabirch
AG
Rudy's would, but it's not a franchise.
BPCAg05
AG
BrisketU if you're interested in teaching BBQ classes versus selling food
Sling Blade
AG
I'd love to do marketing for a franchise!
Reload8098
AG
There are a few in the Dallas area. They look more like a ice cream shop then I do a coffee shop. I don't remember what their franchise fees are etc. but they were much higher than other things we've looked at.
Reload8098
AG
NoahAg said:

Quote:

I think the issue is that Chick requires you to work there.
FIFY. To be a CFA operator, that can be your only job. So OP couldn't run his Firehouse shops and a CFA.

OP, btw, I'm a fan of Firehouse. How many do you have, and how'd you get started, if you don't mind?

Built three and acquired one. started by making an inquiry about opportunities in the Memphis area.my partner and I have owned several convenient stores. What I like about firehouse or similar franchises is that it's a lot less capital investment than a convenience store and the return on your investmentcan can be two years or less.
Reload8098
AG
We were really interested in Freebirds but they aren't franchising right now.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Dunkin Donuts?
confucius_ag
AG
El Pollo Loco just reduced royalty fees and new franchise fees in order to attract new franchisees.
Brush Country Ag
AG
McAllisters
FC12
Einstein Bros. Bagels
FC12
Andys Frozen Custard...Not sure if they franchise though.
NoahAg
How about Mooyah burgers? Not sure where you are, but there are none in the Houston area. Used to be one in Katy. I thought it was great. Don't know why it closed. A bunch in the Dallas area. Franchise info link

Stive
AG
Mooyah in Tyler just closed as well. The specialized, local burger spots are killing the average, non-drive through chains like Five Guys, Mooyah, etc. right now.
nu awlins ag
AG
Freddy's - Burger joint, but their fries are killer as well as their custard shakes.
Elevation Burger - pricey burgers but very good.
george92
Sonofabirch said:

Rudy's would, but it's not a franchise.

Oh but it is. I've done tax returns for one of the groups. You get a territory and pay franchise fees.
Sonofabirch
AG
Rudy's operates under a management contract by K&M. I believe it differs from a franchise but could be wrong. Would like to know if that is the case.
Aggie95
AG
Shipley's
Reload8098
AG
Not enough money in doughnuts. I'm in TN where pork and baby backs are the game.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Interesting that you say that. I've heard that successful donut shops can make bank because their margins are so high. I guess the limited hours and low purchase price means even though margins are high, total revenue isn't big compared to other fast food.
jaggiemaggie
AG
I have a friend who owns several brand name donut shops and he said the greatest markup is in beverages
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.