Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Question for lawyers/law firms

725 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LegettHall
atmpam07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello!

I am a bookkeeper and I am doing some niche research. I was wondering how you handle your books? Do you normally hire out or do you always have someone in house that handles the books? Are there any specific qualifications that are a must for your bookkeeper?

Thank you for any insight!!
LegettHall
I am a CPA. We hire an outside bookkeeper. Our billing rates are better used billing than doing bookkeeping.

My brother was a lawyer. His firm also hired an outside bookkeeping company. Their billing rates/time were more valuable than hiring a bookkeeper to do the basic work.

JMHO, which is worth what everyone's and no one's is worth.
LegettHall
atmpam07 said:

Hello!

I am a bookkeeper and I am doing some niche research. I was wondering how you handle your books? Do you normally hire out or do you always have someone in house that handles the books? Are there any specific qualifications that are a must for your bookkeeper?

Thank you for any insight!!

Yeah, obviously, confidentiality. They cannot steal since they handle no funds, but honest people are whom we want to deal with. Like everyone else except Enron.

We have known for years whom we use, which helps.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.