Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Books and advice, technical to project engineering.

564 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TwoMarksHand
bmks270
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm moving to new role from technical design and analysis to more systems and project engineering. I figured this would be a good place to ask for advice and resources.

Relative to my prior roles it's a lot more people facing and I'll have a higher level of influence with other engineers and customers.

Does the business board have any advice or books to read to help me improve my people skills and influence on people and leadership. Longer term this could lead to more responsibility and move to management.

I also want to add I'm a little surprised my manager apparently recommended me for this saying I was good in meetings and with customers, but in our review when I asked what one thing could I improve that would help me the most he said "communication". So any books or advice on that in general is helpful.
SUorangeMAN
Check out the Lean Startup by Eric Ries

Also you can always improve communication and honestly that's probably the skill that will lead to promotions... Might want to look at Crucial Conversations for that
TwoMarksHand
AG
For communication and general know how with dealing with people, I highly recommend How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. I've read and reread it many times. It is very easy to read and very easy to apply to your specific application/situation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.