Business & Investing
Sponsored by

United

1,841 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiemetal
AnyOtherName
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oops. Maybe we shouldn't have dragged anyone off the plane yesterday...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/uniteds-stock-is-set-to-fall-5-and-wipe-1-billion-off-the-airlines-market-cap-2017-04-11
Bird Poo
AG
This is called "a buying opportunity". Doesn't happen often and the airline industry is very robust right now.
FarmerJohn
AG
I wouldn't worry about US twitter whining, but China is a different matter. They will hold a grudge.
Diggity
AG
The victim is turning out to be a kook so there's not going to be as much sympathy as originally thought. It will likely blow over.
VikingNik
AG
Kook or not I would even pick Spirit over United in my choice of airlines going forward. Luckily I am in a SWA/Alaska/Delta market these days.
The Pilot
AG
Spirit is just slightly better than driving.
LostInLA07
AG
I prefer driving. Spirit is slightly better than a greyhound bus depending on the distance you're traveling, but only because you'd generally arrive faster with Spirit (although you have to factor in that Spirit can cancel your flight and you're SOL if you don't but the "insurance").
Science Denier
AG
It's lowest for the day was only down around 3 bucks.
Bird Poo
AG
jblaschke said:

It's lowest for the day was only down around 3 bucks.
Yep. Their performance is too strong to think this is going to be some kind of long term issue. They'll correct it and move on.

Airlines are constantly in the news for this kind of stuff. I only realized this when I started working for one (not United).
aggiemetal
AG
Not a better board for a Trading Places reference
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.