Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Any tax folks out there?

1,097 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by combat wombat™
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did the tax tables change from 2015 to 2016? Was there any added Obamacare tax that was added?

Last year, I owed a pretty large sum so I added more money to be taken out of my check. Just ran a preliminary tax calc using TaxAct's quick tax calculator, and it looks like I will owe the same amount as last year.
Kool
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigemhilo
AG
There weren't any significant changes this year. and there usually aren't in an election year anyway.

BTW, there are so many variables here to look at that you would have to post your info for us to help you figure it out. Figuring out withholding is not a perfect science anyway.
BigPuma
AG
Pretty much what Gigemhilo said.
combat wombat™
AG
What about your situation changed? Sources of income? Deductions?
Science Denier
AG
Thanks for the info guys!!

Nothing has really changed from this year to last year. I do have more capital gains, but not a whole lot. I'm sure when I sit down and actually do them, it will become clear to me. I'm going to do that this weekend. I will do a pretty detailed look at what actually changed, so I can figure out a plan for next year.
combat wombat™
AG
Depending on your other income the tax on your capital gains is going to run you between 0 to 20%.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.