Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Diamonds from Blue Nile

3,936 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by leoj
sherminator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone ever buy one from there?
gvine07
AG
I got my wife's engagement ring on Blue Nile and I'm happy with it. I don't know if that's what you were looking for or not...
CS78
My wife's ring came from there as well as other jewelry. Always been happy with them and the process is SOOO much easier then trying to brick and mortar shop.

Buyers tip- Regardless of color/ clarity, make sure to buy CUT of "ideal or signature ideal". That's what makes for a pretty sparkly stone that gets noticed.
FaceMask
Bought 10 yrs ago, great so far. Very easy and no upsale.
MavsAg
AG
I just bought a ring and got it much cheaper than an equivalent ring would have cost me from Blue Nile. Went to a small jeweler who was a family friend. Saved me 3-5K. Make sure you ask around and see if a friend or family member has any connections.
DRE06
AG
Rock from blue nile, ring custom made at 1/3 the price the jewelry store wanted.
brownbrick
AG
Blue Nile
ktownag08
AG
Chuck of Fifth C
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Account is too old.
Post removed:
by user
claym711
AG
Couldn't do anything worse with money, aside from setting it afire (unless freezing) than using it to buy diamonds.
DRE06
AG
claym711 said:

Couldn't do anything worse with money, aside from setting it afire (unless freezing) than using it to buy diamonds.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/1821140
GTIAG09
AG
ktownag08 said:

Chuck of Fifth C
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Good quality stuff for reasonable prices. If you hustle you can find cheaper maybe 5-10% cheaper but if u want an easy transaction then BN is good
aeroag14
AG
I bought through Blue Nile's biggest competitor, Adiamor (which I actually think sells more than Blue nile). In any case the process was great. Saved 3 or 4 grand by buying online and had access to a much larger selection and variety. Customer service was excellent and I received GIA certificates with diamond (and later had the diamond verified by a local jeweler).

From my understanding Blue Nile and Adiamor have similarly good reputations. Additionally, I believe that both places use the same diamond supplier. So when I saw many diamonds cross listed on both sites with the price varying a few hundred depending on the diamond.
SWCBonfire
AG
Also used Adiamor almost exactly 10 years ago. They all use the same settings made in SE Asia unless you pay for a custom one, and then price is no object.

Had the side benefit of being able to select a stone from Canada that wasn't controlled by DeBeers, because F those guys.
wessimo
AG
www.diamondssuck.com
Blanco Ag
Comeby!
AG
Blue Nile loose diamonds
OilAggie
AG
wessimo said:

www.diamondssuck.com
Has anyone convinced a girl that a synthetic diamond is acceptable?
IrishTxAggie
AG
OilAggie said:

wessimo said:

www.diamondssuck.com

I always figure that if I ever get married that I'll buy a synthetic one. If she goes to a jeweler with it to have it appraised, I'll know that I've got bigger issues to deal with than a diamond.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
ColinAggie said:

OilAggie said:

wessimo said:

www.diamondssuck.com

I always figure that if I ever get married that I'll buy a synthetic one. If she goes to a jeweler with it to have it appraised, I'll know that I've got bigger issues to deal with than a diamond.

Good luck with that
IrishTxAggie
AG
Probably why I'm not married...
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Haha yep, you will understand one day
SparkE
If he isn't married, sounds like he's understood for a while
BiochemAg97
AG
ColinAggie said:

OilAggie said:

wessimo said:

Www.diamondssuck.com

Are we talking man made diamond that the jeweler knows is not naturally occurring because it is too flawless? If so, you might be able to spin that as you didn't want to get her something that wasn't perfect

Or something that isn't diamond like moissanite.
leoj
AG
Late but got my engagement ring through this site as well. Saved probably 1-2 thousand at least and the diamond was great. No hassle, even changed the inscription for me after I had completed the order. They also sent the wrong size and I sent I back in, no problems with that either even if it was an unwelcome hastle.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.