Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Mattress Store Investment

6,203 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Fightin_Aggie
bicmitchum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I a m with you Massimo.ive been trying to figger that business for a bit.ive never been completey sold on mattress mac either
bicmitchum
bingo 03. always had the same thoght
Silky Johnston
Drunk at 6:24PM?
Philip J Fry
AG
NoahAg said:

ebdb_bnb said:

I'm sorry, but you would be a damn fool to buy a mattress without ever laying on it.
What if it was half the price, and you could return it if you didn't like it?

And risk having to take multiple days off work to have it delivered and set up? No thanks. Way too much hassle.

Online mattresses sound like a college level bed.
Medaggie
I have always wondered how Mattress Firm can have two stores in two adjacent shopping centers. No one is ever in the stores either. I have no clue what the business plan is but I don't see how they could even be remotely profitable.

Also, I buy my mattresses exclusively online. Laying on a mattress in the store for 1 minute gives me no idea how it really is.

I have bought about 9 mattresses for a rental property in the past year online through amazon and atleast I can get people's opinion which I feel more comfortable with than laying on an overpriced mattress for 1 minute.

I have stayed at my property many times and get many positive messages from renters on how comfortable they are.

It is less work having it delivered free from amazon to my door than going to a store and spending atleast an hour buying the mattress. Plus I can return if free and just leave it at my front door for UPS to pick up at a deep discount from the store.
DannyDuberstein
AG
ebdb_bnb said:

I'm sorry, but you would be a damn fool to buy a mattress without ever laying on it.

Bought a high quality memory foam with a 120 day no questions asked policy. Ended up being perfect and have had it for 4 years. Love the thing. It's all about the return policy, and with the markup, they are prepared to absorb the returns. I never would have done it without the liberal return policy, but the reviews were great, the price was right, and it appeared to have the characteristics we were looking for (level of firmness, etc)

Being entirely memory foam, the storage was kind of amazing - small box for a large mattress. Did have to set up ourselves, but it was very easy. Less than 10 min.
Matt Hooper
AG
Online mattress retailer Casper scheduled to open 200 stores per a recent CNBC news story.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/08/casper-to-open-200-stores-across-the-us-as-mattress-firm-struggles.html
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Philip J Fry said:

NoahAg said:

ebdb_bnb said:

What if it was half the price, and you could return it if you didn't like it?

And risk having to take multiple days off work to have it delivered and set up? No thanks. Way too much hassle.

Online mattresses sound like a college level bed.

Multiple days off? Why? And which of the reasons aren't similar to a brick & mortar store scheduling delivery?
aggiepaintrain
AG
what about those "by appointment only" stores that finance anyone ? I wonder about the quality of the products...

FJB
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Being that there is one sometimes two on every corner and heavy competition from online sales my gut says it is an overly competitive market and I would stay away but I have no personal experience in it.

It also looks like the most mind numbing boring job in the word so I can't imagine managing one would be that much fun either but I am not sure what your investment would consist of.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.