Business & Investing
Sponsored by

NextSeed?

2 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Maroon Flash
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was just curious if any of you are familiar with NextSeed and their model of local investing. Seems to be an interesting way to crowdfund and build a bit of grassroots marketing to boot.

I ask because I saw this come up with the new development on University: https://www.nextseed.com/offerings/porters/#overview

I thought it was somewhat novel if nothing else.

Casey TableTennis
AG
Given how many restaurants fail, there is no way I would provide debt to a venture like this without much more generous terms.

It is interesting concept for someone in the community that is interested in having a "sense" of ownership in something they enjoy experiencing. However, that drives to the real point. IMO, this is marketing above all else... anyone that invests will be pretty incented to make it a success and that mean getting others to eat there too. Clever, but not attractive from purely an investment perspective.
Rice and Fries
Absolutely terrible offering in terms of risk exposure...what happens if it goes under? No collateral or backing.

Plus, investing a grand for ONE free drink? lol.
Cyp0111
The collateral is on the inventory and equipment. I'm a novice in collateral valuation but figure the haircut must be rather large.

I would have figured some form of an over ride would have been offered. That or terms better than 1.4x.
Maroon Flash
AG
Much better to be patient and find a company with a compelling business case and potential for extremely high growth rate.

If you are interested in high risk pre-IPO check out a company like Chronicled.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.