Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Retirement account

1,461 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by El Chupacabra
CavitationAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are there accounts that you can easily move money around into different stocks? Something along the lines of TD Ameritrade or the sort. I have an ESOP that paid out and needs to rollover into another retirement account and am looking at options outside my existing 401k. The potential account needs to be another retirement account in order to avoid paying taxes on the amount.

Main point is that I would like to be able to easily choose where the money is invested.

Thanks!
YouBet
AG
Try Fidelity.
UTex09
Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, you want an IRA. You will pay taxes on withdrawls in retirement. Alternatively, you can contribute to a Roth IRA which uses post-tax money
El Chupacabra
Roll it into an IRA at any of the dozens of brokerages. Depending on your frequency of trading and what you plan to trade (options, stock, mutual funds, ETF), pick one that works for you.

Fidelity
Vanguard
Interactive Brokers
Scottrade
TD Ameritrade
Merril
Schwab
CavitationAG
AG
Thanks for the input folks!
Ragoo
AG
Work for a valve company?
CavitationAG
AG
Nope. Sell PSVs, chokes, and control valves to go with our main equipment from time-to-time but definitely not a valve company.
El Chupacabra
I'll add that if you're going to trade routinely, interactive Brokers is the way to go. If you're going to buy and hold, flip a coin with Fidelity or Vanguard. Those two both have a lot of commission free ETFs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.