Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Short term loan for new home reno

1,027 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by texrover91
Steve McQueen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long story short, what we originally contemplated as a "face lift" for our new home has transformed into a bit more of an effort in prepping for what might be our forever home.

I was meant to keep ahold of our current home and rent it out long-term. Now bids are coming in for the new place (both face lifts and forever home) and I'm in a spot where I probably need access to the equity in my old home to cover forever home type renovations.

I close on the new home soon and start renovations right away. If we do the full forever home effort, it will almost start eating into our emergency fund (which I'm not keen to do).

What are my options for securing cash if renovations finish before the sell of my new home? Thinking less than $50k for 2ish months.
The Wonderer
AG
Personal line of credit.
bennyboobooboo
AG
@Steve

Is the new home unlivable without the renovations?
Steve McQueen
AG
Livable during facelift effort.
Mostly unlivable during forever home renovation.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
There is a conventional loan product that allows you to finance the renovations based on the updated value up to 95%. So, you can generally finance the majority of renovations at just rates very close to conventional rates without the renovation.
texrover91
AG
Leverage your securities with a line of credit and repay at permanent financing - should be your best rate or = to, without a lot of fees
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.