Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Why did I get a 1040V payment form?

3,269 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by george92
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got this in the mail. Never received one until today. Does the IRS know something I don't? I normally file in January and receive a return, but this year I have to wait for a K-1. My share is not remotely enough to put me into a new tax bracket or cause me to owe more than what's been deducted. Is this something that everyone gets and I've just avoided by filling early?
libertyag
AG
No they don't know something you don't. Most likely you owed money with your 2015 return so they sent the form to you. If you have someone do your return and I would guess if you use one of the popular software programs it will print the form for you.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I got a return last year too. I've never had to pay. Maybe I just get one because of my income level...
george92
Make sure there are no black suburbans parked a couple houses down from yours with guys in dark suits warching you from afar. If there aren't any, you are likely ok. Otherwise, you might want get a little worried.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.