Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Any Advice From Salesman to Generating New Business

1,876 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TRADUCTOR
tamuz93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I work for a small commercial construction company. I currently work with our established customer base. We hired a contract salesman a few years ago that brought in new business, but I feel that he is in coast mode now. Letting the work come to him instead of seeking new business. We are missing out on a lot of new business.
AgLiving06
Does he get commission on new customer business?

Or more generically, how is he compensated?
JustPanda
AG
libertyag
AG
Lighten up Francis.
tamutaylor12
I think we found the salesman.
Harkrider 93
AG
To some degree, you can take ZoneClub's questions and turn them into a plan.

The best way to evolve into a plan is sit down with the newbie and find out what motivates them. It could be money, it could be winning, it could be fear of failure, etc. Once you find that out, ask him if he would like to attain or solve that issue. Once he says yes, ask him to develop a plan with you.

Act as an accountability partner in tracking. It is probably wise to tie celebrations/recognition/financial rewards once certain hurdles are met.

Basically, you are going to sell the salesman. You find his need, build a plan to solve it, and help him get there.

Long story short, most salespeople are driven by money, so you tell him he can have ___% of every NEW piece of business that comes in.
Duncan Idaho
Steak knives and a new car
JustPanda
AG
Ag92NGranbury
AG
coffee...

well, it's only for closers
TRADUCTOR
set up some hurdles.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.