Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Fedex tracking question

2,580 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Biz Ag
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a status in between "on Fedex vehicle for delivery" and "delivered"?
(Like "out for delivery" or something like that?)
The Collective
AG
Not that I've ever seen. Make sure an exception isn't being reported though within the detail, the last status does not always update to show an exception.
Counterpoint
AG
CJS4715 said:

Not that I've ever seen. Make sure an exception isn't being reported though within the detail, the last status does not always update to show an exception.
Thanks!
SlackerAg
AG
I have seen where FedEx sometimes uses "SmartPost", where near the destination the package is delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. If the carrier status isn't sync'ed up, there seems to be a missing gap in time.
aggiepaintrain
AG
if it's not due for delivery they won't deliver early
akaggie05
AG
IIRC, "out for delivery" is a term that pops up on UPS tracking, not FedEx. "On vehicle for delivery" is the last step before delivery as far as FedEx is concerned.
FDXAg
AG
No. "On vehicle for delivery" is the last info before "package delivered"...assuming no exception codes, of course
Al Bula
AG
Don't really wanna start a new thread so bringing back one that is related.

Are y'all seeing major delays in FedEx deliveries? Waiting on two packages, and I could drive to the shipper for package 1 or drive to the FedEx Ground Hub where its currently sitting quicker than these fools are taking to get packages to customers.
Spurswin5
Ocean Of Funk said:

Are y'all seeing major delays in FedEx deliveries? Waiting on two packages, and I could drive to the shipper for package 1 or drive to the FedEx Ground Hub where its currently sitting quicker than these fools are taking to get packages to customers.

YES! I sent some documents two-day Fed-Ex last Wed to be delivered on Friday. Still in limbo in Memphis.
Shipping from Houston to Burnet, TX ....but stuck in Memphis because "Fed-Ex doesn't own a globe" (apologies to the great Ron White I just had to).
FDXAg
AG
We are swamped with backlogged freight right now in most of our hubs, especially Memphis. When the winter storm hit a few weeks ago, outbound freight from areas of the country that weren't affected by the freeze were staged in Memphis and pretty much every other hub location we have in the US.

Essentially, we ran out of room for freight. Staff capacity in Memphis was already at critical levels and only got worse after the winter weather. We are now attempting to integrate delayed freight into the network, while still making commit days for the new outbound freight we are getting on a current daily basis.

It's a mess and I get your frustration.
FDXAg
AG
Spurswin5 said:

Ocean Of Funk said:

YES! I sent some documents two-day Fed-Ex last Wed to be delivered on Friday. Still in limbo in Memphis.
Shipping from Houston to Burnet, TX ....but stuck in Memphis because "Fed-Ex doesn't own a globe" (apologies to the great Ron White I just had to).

It's hard to explain to someone who hasn't worked at FedEx, but this is the "wheel spoke" logistical model that had made us so efficient at global delivery, especially in the states. You might love in Texas and ship your neighbor a package, and if you ship it priority or a higher service, it might travel all the way to Memphis (or sometimes Indy) before returning back to your next door neighbor the next morning. Doesn't seem efficient in those examples, but creating centralized locations where all freight is initially diverted before being dispersed back out allows us to do what we do.
Biz Ag
AG
USPS failed to deliver mail twice last week here at our office. Home delivery was dropped through the mail slot at 7:30 Monday night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.