Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Fundrise

1,543 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Harkrider 93
Post removed:
by user
tford12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like what they do. Bad part is your cash is tied up for years, and limits your mobility, They cant really allow you to pull your money out at will. I think on their website they say to expect 4-6 years before you can pull your money out without penalty.

Similar to Realty Shares, but Realty Shares requires that you be an accredited investor (net worth >$1MM, or annual income >$200K). I dont think Fundrise has any such restriction. They used to allow investments as low as $1K, but it looks like now the threshold is $5K.
BourbonAg
AG
From reading the circular this morning, it looks like Fundrise (at least the fund I was looking at) requires a $1k investment and that you be an accredited investor.
752bro4
AG
Random question - but how does one go about certifying themselves as an accredited investor? And is the income per person or per household?
BourbonAg
AG
On the income, it says $200k individually or $300k with spouse if I read it right.
tford12
AG
BourbonAg said:

From reading the circular this morning, it looks like Fundrise (at least the fund I was looking at) requires a $1k investment and that you be an accredited investor.
I was under the impression that they have provided investments for unaccredited investors in the past. Maybe their typical offerings do require accreditation. I'm honestly not sure what their norm is.

And I know they say their minimum investment is $1K, but on some funds the minimum you can select on the drop down tab is $5K. This could vary by fund.
Post removed:
by user
BourbonAg
AG
That is how I read it as well, jayelbee. At least on the East Coast eREIT.

I noticed that on the drop-down as well, tford. I did see that there is an "other amount" option available, so maybe you have to manually enter $1000 (or $5000 may be the minimum even though the circular says $1000).
ORAggieFan
752bro4 said:

Random question - but how does one go about certifying themselves as an accredited investor? And is the income per person or per household?
Yeah, how do I become an accredited investor?
ORAggieFan
Guessing you heard about it from Mint this morning? Just saw I had an email from them about this a few hours ago.
Harkrider 93
AG
You tell them you are and to send you an application to open an account with them. They will need you to complete their application and send proof that you make as much as you claimed - tax return, w-2s.
ORAggieFan
Harkrider 93 said:

You tell them you are and to send you an application to open an account with them. They will need you to complete their application and send proof that you make as much as you claimed - tax return, w-2s.
Thanks. Just curious, why do they care? If people have the money and want to invest why do the let them?
Harkrider 93
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Harkrider 93 said:

Thanks. Just curious, why do they care? If people have the money and want to invest why do the let them?
Part of that protection/regulatory environment. You aren't smart enough to know if it is a Ponzi scheme so they will make sure you are rich enough to afford a loss in a Ponzi scheme.

I am sure there are some better reasons for it, but it is something that has been in place for a long time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.