Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Requesting transfer and COL adjustment

836 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Punked Shank
Punked Shank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I have requested a transfer of offices and the cost of living is substantially higher. My request is to just be adjusted into similar range of my peers in the company would be.

Do I get shafted or is this a reasonable expectation?
Harkrider 93
AG
I think it is very reasonable, but I also think that they could easily say no due to the fact you are asking for the transfer.
InMyOpinion
Harkrider 93 said:

I think it is very reasonable, but I also think that they could easily say no due to the fact you are asking for the transfer.
agree
sts7049
AG
if you requested the transfer, i have a hard time thinking the company will just be OK with also bumping your pay to match COL.
Squirrel Master
AG
I would start out with the assumption that by asking for a transfer to a high cost of living place, you're going to take the bulk of the hit. Any COLA love they show you is gravy. I don't think its particularly reasonable to expect them to take the bottom line hit on this.
Punked Shank
AG
I'm not going into this demanding the full 100% adjustment and am prepared to take a hit.

Just curious if it's unreasonable to be placed into a range similar of my equivalent peers, or even lower escheleon, and let myself work up. As I typically have. I will be okay with being placed in the lower ring.

If they didn't value me, I imagine my request would have been met with a laugh.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.