Business & Investing
Sponsored by

In a bad spot with student loans.

4,901 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by histag10
agdad4x
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ag son #1 was all set for graduation, or at least we thought, got a letter that said diploma would be withheld until a three year old parking ticket was paid - turned out that the penalty, interest and other fees were twice what the ticket was
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
How much total are we talking about

What is your current income and do you have any collateral
techno-ag
AG
agdad4x said:

ag son #1 was all set for graduation, or at least we thought, got a letter that said diploma would be withheld until a three year old parking ticket was paid - turned out that the penalty, interest and other fees were twice what the ticket was
So.... $100?
bjork
PoorGuy said:

I tried logging on to my Howdy portal to pull up an unofficial transcript (which I need for a new job). Blocked due to a hold.
According to a quick Google search; under FERPA, 34 CFR 99.10(d)(1), they are required to provide you a singular copy of your transcript. It doesn't have to be official, though.

Quote:

99.10 What rights exist for a parent or eligible student to inspect and review education records?

(d)
If circumstances effectively prevent the parent or eligible student from exercising the right to inspect and review the student's education records, the educational agency or institution, or SEA or its component, shall -
(1) Provide the parent or eligible student with a copy of the records requested; or
(2) Make other arrangements for the parent or eligible student to inspect and review the requested records.
I would call the university stating the above and push for an unofficial copy.
Comeby!
AG
What if a potential employer requests a transcript? Are they going to say "He didn't pay a parking ticket, so you're not getting one."
histag10
AG
Comeby! said:

What if a potential employer requests a transcript? Are they going to say "He didn't pay a parking ticket, so you're not getting one."

A potential employer cannot request your transcript- it would be a violation of FERPA to give them that. The student/potential employee would have to request the transcript from the school, and can opt to have it sent in a sealed envelope to their potential employer.

However, when they student/potential employee would go to submit the order, they would be informed that they are blocked from ordering a transcript for x reason.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.