Business & Investing
Sponsored by

helping my grandmother make her money last

6,107 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JSKolache
JustPanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dr. Doctor
AG
Here are the photos hosted on imgur

JustPanda
AG
Football&Finance
AG
1. Never heard of CRPC, sounds like a low-bar designation to help brokers appear fiduciary (btw, how's DOL transition going for you?)

2. Even if what was recommended is legit (i.e. the discount sellers are real and plentiful enough to provide liquidity regardless of mkt vol), the OP indicated that the prospective client was elderly, risk averse, and had their emergency fund/nest egg in cash. Even if you 100% believe in your strategy and think it's ultra low risk, it would be a very hard sell for the client and would likely leave them very uncomfortable, adding stress to her life, or she wouldn't fully understand the strategy (litigation risk for you and your firm). Additionally, maybe meet with the client and determine what the target return/risk should be. Maybe putting 100% of the assets in your preferred strategy isn't necessary to meet her needs. Maybes a core of CDs w/a satellite of your ultra short munis would be a better fit.
JustPanda
AG
JustPanda
AG
DFWag84
While we have you here....

How is the ticket screening software that you had multiple companies approach you to buy coming along? Find a good price to offer it up for?

JustPanda
AG
?
austinaggie2012
Maysaggie/Gadget is back! Missed his exploits. Made me go back and re-read the ORIG/Diamond thread that saw him to go dark the last time. Welcome back Mays. We'll see how long this username lasts. Guy has no idea how to take an L.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2631995

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2636954/6
DFWag84
You are missing about 12-16 other usernames
austinaggie2012
DFWag84 said:

You are missing about 12-16 other usernames
forgot MFBarnes haha
ChoppinDs40
AG
I'm still interest in someone selling the retirement advice that includes phrases like "roll the papers".

Grandma loves the lettuce.
thaed137
AG
free_mhayden said:

third coast.. said:

They also have large amounts of hunting land and will invite people to go hunt there but then disappear the day before people have planned on showing up for months.

At this point I honestly think those people that were invited are lucky this didn't pan out. Judging by nicholls and co.'s posts, that had all the makings of a "The Most Dangerous Game" scenario.

You know its funny because I actually did go out to his place to hunt one time with a couple other Texags people and shot a doe. This was before 99% of the stuff and the no calls started.
cheeky
AG
I'm a CFP, CIMA and CPWA and have no freaking idea what a CRPC is but I'm guessing you can get it in a week or so. Gotta go finish my Asia trades before Europe opens/#CRPC
Post removed:
by user
mhayden
With ZoneClub/nichols receiving yet another Texags post deletion for going looney-toons, I once again can't see any reason why you shouldn't feel absolutely safe letting your grandmother deal with him.
Post removed:
by user
DDSO
DFWag84

ZoneClub is Nichols who posted this...
Post removed:
by user
The Original AG 76
AG
I've ATTEMPTED to read this thread and have no idea what damn near any of the numerous acronyms are and the claims and counter claims BUT.....

Every time I look at the original question all I can think is........
Only having $100,000 as a nest egg in this non-interest rate environment is the kicker. There just isn't any real answer to this that the OP will like. With virtually ALL fixed income at the ONE PERCENT plus or minus a fraction of a percent ....what difference does it make ? Just go to some bank and buy some CD's. Do NOT waste a dime on any commissions ( you aint got a dime to spare in the environment) and enjoy the $ 80ish a month returns.
CustomMadeSuit10
AG
To the OP....If I was you, I would take the money and dump it in KO and PM. Both pay nice dividends and are as "safe" as can be in the stock market.

Just my $0.02.
JSKolache
AG
BRK.B is the best bank around
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.