Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Any advice for medical bill negotiation?

7,633 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
shihitemuslim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would figure out which bills are for out of network services and which ones are for in network services. If you have a FULLY FUNDED INSURANCE versus SELF FUNDED INSURANCE plan then you can go through the Texas Department of Insurance and request a mediation for out of network services. For SELF FUNDED PLANS, I would have your benefits administrator help you.

The patient (believe or not) have a lot of pull and it sometime takes 8-10 calls to really get the point across.

Argue provision 2719a in the affordable healthcare act.
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
shihitemuslim said:

I would figure out which bills are for out of network services and which ones are for in network services. If you have a FULLY FUNDED INSURANCE versus SELF FUNDED INSURANCE plan then you can go through the Texas Department of Insurance and request a mediation for out of network services. For SELF FUNDED PLANS, I would have your benefits administrator help you.

The patient (believe or not) have a lot of pull and it sometime takes 8-10 calls to really get the point across.

Argue provision 2719a in the affordable healthcare act.
can you provide a little more details to this?

wife just had twins,c-section, NICU for babies and bills are rolling in...I noticed on a copy of our explanation of benefits the assistant surgeon is charging us 4k. of course this was an out of network doctor and our insurance only paid a tiny bit towards it and we are being expected to pay basically all of it. complete bull**** since we were at in in network hospital, etc

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.