Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,909 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YNWA_AG said:

Have you taken a position in AMD yet? I think I'm going to take a June 7th position for the keynote on Sunday/Monday and a July position.
Quote:

AMD to Present at Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2019 Global Technology Conference
4:16 pm ET May 22, 2019 (Globe Newswire) Print
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that Ruth Cotter, senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, Human Resources and Investor Relations, will present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2019 Global Technology Conference at 8:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 4, 2019.

A real-time audio webcast of the presentation can be accessed on the Investor Relations homepage: http://ir.amd.com.

A replay of the webcast can be accessed approximately four hours after the conclusion of the live event and will be available for 30 days after the conference.
aunuwyn08
AG
Prognightmare said:

YNWA_AG said:

Have you taken a position in AMD yet? I think I'm going to take a June 7th position for the keynote on Sunday/Monday and a July position.
Quote:

AMD to Present at Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2019 Global Technology Conference
4:16 pm ET May 22, 2019 (Globe Newswire) Print
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that Ruth Cotter, senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, Human Resources and Investor Relations, will present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2019 Global Technology Conference at 8:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday, June 4, 2019.

A real-time audio webcast of the presentation can be accessed on the Investor Relations homepage: http://ir.amd.com.

A replay of the webcast can be accessed approximately four hours after the conclusion of the live event and will be available for 30 days after the conference.

All aboard the AMD money train!
YNWA_AG
AG
Computex keynote is 5/27 as well
tailgatetimer10
AG
There's a Forbes article on the new Zen 2 performance leaks. If they are even 10% accurate, it's going to be scary for Intel
ProgN
I bought AMD calls at the close.
leoj
AG
If AMD is going to possibly continue to take market share from Intel and eat their lunch, any point in looking at long dated calls?
Rice and Fries
leoj said:

If AMD is going to possibly continue to take market share from Intel and eat their lunch, any point in looking at long dated calls?

LEAPS are always a great option vs purchasing the stock. I made a bit owning some AMD leaps in early 2017
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/24/analysts-fear-african-swine-flu-will-hit-these-stocks.html
Quote:

A trade fight with the U.S. isn't the only war China is fighting. African swine flu has decimated the pig population in China and sent pork prices soaring. As many as up to 200 million Chinese pigs have reportedly been lost due to the disease.

Now, Wall Street analysts are scrambling to assess the fallout from the fast spreading illness and how to invest around it.

J.P. Morgan has downgraded Deere to underweight on concerns about the "rapidly deteriorating fundamentals in U.S. agriculture." This is due not only to the trade war, but also the decline in soybean demand in China as a result of the reduction in the hog herd due to the outbreak of the African swine flu.

And last week, restaurant hospitality group Bloomin' Brands was downgraded by analysts at BMO.

"We believe the potential magnitude and duration of African swine flu impacts to margins is underappreciated and BLMN is among the restaurants most at risk," analyst Andrew Strelzik said. "Our 2020 estimates are below consensus even though we are taking a conservative approach to layering African swine flu impacts into our model and protein pressures likely will persist beyond 2020."

Shares fell 10% on the week.

Hormel Foods reported earnings on Thursday and though the company beat, they warned that sales could be hit on flu worries.

That could also be a continued hinderance on the stock, according to analysts at Stephens.
ProgN
gougler08
AG
Is this good or bad?
ProgN
The anti-EU movement gained seats and the globalists lost some. We shall see how the markets react. Futures fire up in a little bit but will be meaningless because our markets are closed tomorrow. Tomorrow night will get interesting.
Rice and Fries
gougler08 said:

Is this good or bad?

Depends. It's gonna be tougher to form colitions in government since the Green Party took larger than expected spots.

It also shows that younger voters are exhibiting less tolerance for "bull**** as usual" so the existing parties will have to shift more towards their ideologies or suffer at the ballet box in the future.

So for right now, it's more wait and see and try to work around it. But anti EU and pro environmental (bigger importance ) will be be factored into future legislation, etc.
JobSecurity
AG
A couple charts I'll be watching this week. Posting to keep myself accountable and to get feedback from people that know what they're doing

ANTM

HD

NVDA

TEAM
La Bamba
AG
Nio beat revenue estimates. >12k ES6 orders. Partnering with E-Town Beijing to help find funding for manufacturing plant for 2nd generation vehicle. Guidance for Q2 is very conversative (~3000 vehicles). April deliveries were 1,124.

https://ir.nio.com/static-files/4cc19269-013f-4184-9ac5-d775fa8ca37b
gougler08
AG
Up 5% so far, surprised with the conservative forward guidance
La Bamba
AG
I think management is playing forward guidance (for Q2 sales) conservatively. The 12k preorders represent 5K orders in the last 5 weeks since the Shanghai Auto Show. The forward guidance does not include the bulk of those preorders as ES6s will start rolling out of the lot in June. So the majority of ES6 deliveries will be for Q3 and Q4.

At the end of last year they were predicting 40-45k deliveries for the year. Expect that to be tailored a bit to 35k, we'll see during CC. You can see how many cars they expect to deliver in 2H19.
Aggie_2463
AG
NIO up 7.7% pre market! Keep it up! I needed this one
dlp3719
AG
AMD up +3% premarket
Aggie_2463
AG
And Looks like NIO headed for red territory... woke up excited, now back to reality
tailgatetimer10
AG
Their computex reveal is getting a ton of press in the semiconductor world. It's interesting they're holding back on the 16 core reveal as well
Rice and Fries
10YR UST is at 2.28%.

* Ten year at 2.28% down 4 bps from Fridays' close
* U.S. stock-index futures down with European equities as traders mull the latest trade rhetoric
* EU tells Trump no tariffs on autos
* Italy risks $4B EU penalty for failing to curb debt
* China's first bank failure in 20 years sets investors on edge

This Chinese Bank Failure is a $65B Bank. It does not appear to be a good omen for the rest of the chinese financial sector
ProgN
ROKU downgraded
jmcfar_98
AG
Prognightmare said:

ROKU downgraded

Sounds like someone missed all of the fun and wants to get in now.
ProgN
Just a valuation call. It's tripled off it's Christmas low.
gougler08
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

And Looks like NIO headed for red territory... woke up excited, now back to reality
Not a terrible thing to close that gap...has come back to up 5% now
AgShaun00
AG
MOMO up 11% today. I think this stock was mentioned a few times on here. I was looking into getting into it today before the 11% jump.
Brewmaster
AG
AgShaun00 said:

MOMO up 11% today. I think this stock was mentioned a few times on here. I was looking into getting into it today before the 11% jump.
YNWA_AG
AG
AMD up over 8%. Thank you 7nm chips
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

The key is the huge volume. If we don't have any bad trade news or plunge in oil again. It should hit $30.
gougler08
AG
MU doesn't want to go below $33, may be a good time to hop in
IrishTxAggie
AG
In on some DE $140 weeklys
YNWA_AG
AG
Prognightmare said:

YNWA_AG said:

The key is the huge volume. If we don't have any bad trade news or plunge in oil again. It should hit $30.
I agree. I sold my weeklies for a 300% gain and I am holding onto my july 19 calls
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

In on some DE $140 weeklys
You're out of banland, welcome back!
jmcfar_98
AG
Prognightmare said:

YNWA_AG said:

Meaning if Trump stays off Twitter.
EngrAg14
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Prognightmare said:

YNWA_AG said:

Meaning if Trump stays off Twitter.
Or he comes and tweets "7nm chips yuge deal, AMD leading the way for the USA! China products much worse than AMD products"
First Page Last Page
Page 567 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.