Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,995,941 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rgag12 said:

When's the next support for the S&P? Any of y'all think they'll be a rally tomorrow?
I wouldn't expect one going into a 3 day weekend.
leoj
AG
Just wait until companies start issuing revised downward forward guidance for Q3 if nothing improves on the tariff front, or if analysts start seeing changes in the sectors and come out with target cuts. I think it's possible this hasn't even started, we're only down 5% from the high. What positive news is there to raise markets? We already know the economy is doing well and the employment rate is decreasing, etc. maybe the fed cuts the rate instead of beating around the bush and staying neutral.
tramaro1
AG
Anyone grabbing more LPSN calls?
ProgN
I would but I bought some at .35 and I don't have extra cash right now.
mrad85
AG
I plan on taking a big hit tomorrow, and I hope my 6/7 calls and above are safe.
tramaro1
AG
Lol yeah, I am thinking about it. They are at .20 but I have lost so much he past couple weeks I don't know want to lose any more haha
YNWA_AG
AG
Intc up 1.5% when most other semis are down 2-3%
Shundere
I bought 10 more at .25, the last I will be buying. I have 50 total contracts now, really banking on those.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
It's pretty close to support here. There is some technical room to move lower, but much more and the Darvas Box is broken to the downside. If it bounces here I'm happy, but I'll wait to add to the (now underwater) position.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Watching EBAY which just bounded off the trading range low (Darvas box) formed since February. Tried to take a trial position today, but couldn't get filled on 6/21 37C before close. Any follow through tomorrow and I'm a buyer of 37/38C. edit: might wait till after the long holiday to go long (peace of mind thing)

oldarmy1
AG
I jumped on a few INTC calls on spotting the potential reversal and already sold some into the move up. Perhaps it is an early signal that chips are about done bleeding out. If INTC has no follow through then all bets are off.

There is so much emotion in the markets right now its palpable. There weren't many rips as just manic continual dumping of shares. We hit some major supports by midday, bounced around, went lower before quickly catching buyers. That tail on the S&P means nothing except intraday buyers came in. Are they willing to buy shares upward or do we sink back down, giving bears that look of a feast in sight?

The S&P has a perfect head and shoulders right now (see chart)

claym711
AG
It's low liquidity volatility. Any volume spikes price around.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures +17
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures +17

Still moving up, +19 now
AgShaun00
AG
May stepping down driving this?
ProgN
AgShaun00 said:

May stepping down driving this?
That was expected, but the markets are oversold and oil is rebounding some probably has more to do with it. JMO
oldarmy1
AG
If markets can hold up long enough to get an NVDA gap fill at that $151.61 it would be golden. Chip stocks have the smallest move this morning thus far.

We have a 1st gap in a while on the S&P created last 2 days back to 2851.
rgag12
AG
Trading Roku long calls is such a joy
ProgN
OA,

My parents have some cash but are getting up there in age, not traders. What do you think about COMT? Dividend is nice too.
Shundere
A nice day from LPSN would be great
IrishTxAggie
AG
Picked up some more LPSN at $.25. Cost average around $.335 now
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1 said:

If markets can hold up long enough to get an NVDA gap fill at that $151.61 it would be golden. Chip stocks have the smallest move this morning thus far.

Have you been picking some calls back up or are you still mostly waiting for a good signal for re-entry?
I am thinking next week could be important for how the weekend/week reacts or retracts if any new developments come out.

Hopefully nothing till July comes out.
ProgN
We will go negative on the markets.IMO
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

We will go negative on the markets.IMO
Almost there
ProgN
3 day weekend and oil is going negative again. It doesn't bode well for today.
JobSecurity
AG
TSLA getting crushed again and rumors on Twitter that their China plant is being delayed until 2020. Will probably test the low from earlier in the week. Been buying puts on the small pull backs
BenRev09
AG
No where to go but up for NIO, right? Haha, wanted to play earnings but don't think i have the guts now
YNWA_AG
AG
Have you taken a position in AMD yet? I think I'm going to take a June 7th position for the keynote on Sunday/Monday and a July position.
gougler08
AG
Sure seems oversold at this point...but yeah it's a beating at the moment
ProgN
FWIW, a huge buy of WLL at 11:25 price $18.76, 210K shares.
oldarmy1
AG
EngrAg14 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Have you been picking some calls back up or are you still mostly waiting for a good signal for re-entry?
I am thinking next week could be important for how the weekend/week reacts or retracts if any new developments come out.

Hopefully nothing till July comes out.
I repositioned some trades. too uncertain on the bottom holding and don't want to see a potential $135 NVDA kill.

I bought JD $30's out to Sept 30th on the cheap.

I bought INTC calls yesterday close to the money out next week and $47's to next week too cheaper looking for a bounce.

Lastly I bought QCOM $72.50 Strikes out to June 21st.
YNWA_AG
AG

OA is this a darvish box on AMD or am I seeing this wrong?
aunuwyn08
AG
I went in yesterday for July. I'm ready to dump on the pop from the news. I don't want to risk their new chips being better, but performing lower than expectations indicate once reviewers get their hands on them.
gougler08
AG
YNWA_AG said:

OA is this a darvish box on AMD or am I seeing this wrong?
I see it as a gigantic flag pattern
drill4oil78
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I jumped on a few INTC calls on spotting the potential reversal and already sold some into the move up. Perhaps it is an early signal that chips are about done bleeding out. If INTC has no follow through then all bets are off.

There is so much emotion in the markets right now its palpable. There weren't many rips as just manic continual dumping of shares. We hit some major supports by midday, bounced around, went lower before quickly catching buyers. That tail on the S&P means nothing except intraday buyers came in. Are they willing to buy shares upward or do we sink back down, giving bears that look of a feast in sight?

The S&P has a perfect head and shoulders right now (see chart)

Was looking at this the other day ... 2800 area is important support.
First Page Last Page
Page 566 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.