Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,476 Views | 224265 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coming to a point below the Model T. Need a break quickly upward or else this looks to fail.

ProgN

The board at the open.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

I bought the SPY 5/29 285 calls.
flip them? I have only been passively paying attention so didn't buy anything.
ProgN
I'm still in them.
gougler08
AG
NFLX really doesn't want to fall out of the Keltner Channel
IrishTxAggie
AG
Would be awesome if DE would breakout and I could roll it into the LPSN
ProgN
A firm started LPSN at a buy last Thursday.
Rice and Fries
You ever get them LPSN calls under 40?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Got some at .4. I'm carrying a .425 cost average right now.
Shundere
i got 2 at .34 and 8 at .35
tramaro1
AG
Is everyone still avg down JD calls or just sitting tight to see how the markets play out?
mrad85
AG
I'm sitting. I'm out to 6/21.
Pignorant
AG
I sold last week.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
tramaro1 said:

Is everyone still avg down JD calls or just sitting tight to see how the markets play out?
I'm net free on most of my remaining calls. I got a bad fill on some 32 strikes and am slightly underwater on the remaining shares (sold 60% of them last week for a gain).

I am not averaging down.
oldarmy1
AG
Lot of volume on DE as it presses towards in the money $136
jmcfar_98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Lot of volume on DE as it presses towards in the money $136

Didn't know Deere also makes roller coasters. I just thought they made farm equipment. Wow. What a ride.
YNWA_AG
AG
what DE share closing price are you looking for to hold the calls?
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

what DE share closing price are you looking for to hold the calls?
Just holding serve is fine as sellers wane and longs regain control.
Aggie_2463
AG
OSTK down to $9.83... hmm
oldarmy1
AG
Financials are up. Fed likely to take back that last overreach increase next session
ProgN
If the Fed does that the markets will pop. It will also put considerable pressure on China to get a deal done instead of trying to wait Trump out. A rate cut and deal would destroy the shorts.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Took a long position in QCOM ($77C) on the red/green reversal at the gap resistance - 1 min chanrt.
JobSecurity
AG
I just did the exact opposite. Watching for the gap fill down to 71
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I'll stop out at 76.34. Bought on the 1-min charts, so this is not a long term hold.

Welp, that pattern failed. Out!

And, back up she goes. Man, I hate the 1-min charts sometimes.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Prognightmare said:

If the Fed does that the markets will pop. It will also put considerable pressure on China to get a deal done instead of trying to wait Trump out. A rate cut and deal would destroy the shorts.
I am kind of scared that people are pricing this in and the Fed makes no move and the market tanks. Everyone I hear on CNBC is saying 50% even some saying 90% chance of a rate cut. Not just the commentators but guests that they have coming on. It is expected and if the Fed doesn't make a move, I think we dive.
ProgN
Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

I am kind of scared that people are pricing this in and the Fed makes no move and the market tanks. Everyone I hear on CNBC is saying 50% even some saying 90% chance of a rate cut. Not just the commentators but guests that they have coming on. It is expected and if the Fed doesn't make a move, I think we dive.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/20/atlanta-fed-president-bostic-does-not-see-a-rate-cut-this-year-like-the-market-is-telegraphing.html

Not everyone and the market hasn't priced in the rate cut yet.
oldarmy1
AG
That was a fairly good V on the markets a little while ago. As long as markets don't fail back down into close it could be significant for tomorrow directionally.

HoustonAg2014
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/20/atlanta-fed-president-bostic-does-not-see-a-rate-cut-this-year-like-the-market-is-telegraphing.html

Not everyone and the market hasn't priced in the rate cut yet.
I heard that interview this morning and I didn't mean litterally everyone but most of the people on there expect a rate cut. As he stated, he thinks the market is taking it into consideration.
rgag12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

That was a fairly good V on the markets a little while ago. As long as markets don't fail back down into close it could be significant for tomorrow directionally.

And if Trump/China can keep their mouths shut
ProgN
I didn't save the article from last week but if we do a rate cut it will put tremendous pressure on the Chinese economy. That would force their hand to get a deal done. It also wouldn't allow them to "wait out Trump" and see if he loses next year. That will be a huge catalyst to the upside if we get the rate cut.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

I didn't save the article from last week but if we do a rate cut it will put tremendous pressure on the Chinese economy. That would force their hand to get a deal done. It also wouldn't allow them to "wait out Trump" and see if he loses next year. That will be a huge catalyst to the upside if we get the rate cut.
Yup. See if deep state sits on their hands or actually wants to end the standoff.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

when is the next fed decision?
aunuwyn08
AG
I didn't take a position today taking the bet that AMD will approach 26 tomorrow - that will probably blow up in my face with a 28$ close.
JobSecurity
AG
Tried to get out of QCOM put before close but missed a fill by a couple cents. So much for that money

ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3465430-sale-chatter-propels-qep-resources-bloomberg
Quote:

Sale chatter propels QEP Resources - Bloomberg
May 20, 2019 3:49 PM ET|About: The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor
QEP Resources (QEP +5.5%) shares pop more than 5% following a Bloomberg report speculating about a potential sale of the company.

The Colorado-based oil and gas producer has attracted takeover interest from P-E giant Blackstone (NYSE:BX) as well as drillers Whiting Petroleum (WLL -3.2%) and Callon Petroleum (CPE -6.8%), according to the report.

QEP jumped 40% on Jan. 7 when activist investor Elliott Management made an $8.75/share proposal to buy the company, representing a 44% premium at the time.
O&G people on this thread, has anyone heard anything about this? I was wondering why WLL tanked hard 30 mins into the close.
First Page Last Page
Page 559 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.