Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,083,229 Views | 224439 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can exercise whenever you want. You've purchased the right to do so. Depending on the brokerage you use, there might be a fee. Most just sell the call back to the market.
mrad85
AG
I really thought the removal of the tariffs on Canada and Mexico would give the steel and aluminum stocks a shot in the arm. The tariffs haven't really helped them, in fact it's hurt some.

Didn't move the needle one bit. Maybe next week?
claym711
AG
No deal was not priced in and at this point why wouldn't China wait to see who wins 2020. Q1 ramp was largest in some time. Pullback was inevitable. It's sell the rips right now.

All hell will break loose if China really flexes and starts dumping treasuries.
IrishTxAggie
AG
They've been... This is an overblown sentiment.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/16/china-has-cut-its-holdings-of-us-debt-to-the-lowest-level-in-two-years.html
CheladaAg
AG
What the story on TRNX after hours? Pushing up with volume.
ranchag04
AG
Because that's still 18 painful months for them away and if Trump gets a second term they will get no concessions, the deal will be tougher. That's probably not a wise dice for them to roll.
leoj
AG
Was thinking the same. Didn't even see a bump in auto suppliers at all, even though they dropped on the ongoing concerns.
docaggie
AG
Alright, rookie question.
When you sell a covered call, do they get called away because of the price at closing of regular hours, or extended hours?

I'm asking because a covered call I sold was right on the nose at close, and has dipped a couple cents after hours so far (AMD at 27.50).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
leoj
AG
Quote:

This is the first time $SPX has finished a week under its own 50d moving average after closing above it the week before since....

October 12, 2018

[data @YahooFinance]

-@oddstats
IrishTxAggie
AG
N/m
UpstateAg
AG
jmcfar_98
AG
boyz05 said:

What the story on TRNX after hours? Pushing up with volume.

Earnings are Monday.
jmcfar_98
AG
docaggie said:

Alright, rookie question.
When you sell a covered call, do they get called away because of the price at closing of regular hours, or extended hours?

I'm asking because a covered call I sold was right on the nose at close, and has dipped a couple cents after hours so far (AMD at 27.50).

https://investorplace.com/2010/02/options-expiration-options-dont-expire-on-friday/
IrishTxAggie
AG
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/17/china-faces-possible-hit-to-credit-rating-if-the-trade-war-isnt-resolved.html
Quote:

Escalations in its trade dispute with the U.S. not only could dent China's economy but also impact its credit standing, according to ratings agencies.

China's credit remains strong despite a weakening economy and a high-stakes tariff battle it is engaged in with the U.S. However, should the impasse linger on, the damages could become greater and start having some deeper impacts.

"The tariff war is negative for China especially at a time when its policy makers are battling problems of rising debt and increasing leverage in its economy," analysts at ratings agency DBRS said in a note. "The economic impact on China of rising tariffs would be broader than just via its trade with the U.S."
ProgN
Howdy guys,

TexAgs Premium is now taking reservations for the TexAgs Kickoff Event on July 27th. Last year was incredible. You'd have to join premium to be able to buy tickets but it's worth it. Coach Fisher is electric to be around. I just bought my tickets and if you're going let the board know so we can meet and put a face to our usernames.

Gig'em

Prog
claym711
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/16/china-has-cut-its-holdings-of-us-debt-to-the-lowest-level-in-two-years.html

It's not overblown. If anything it's understated. What happens if China dumps 500B or 1T? Or even just threatens to do so... you'll see the December bottom get tested.
IrishTxAggie
AG
claym711 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

It's not overblown. If anything it's understated. What happens if China dumps 500B or 1T? Or even just threatens to do so... you'll see the December bottom get tested.

They'll crash and cripple the global market including their own. Not just us. It's essentially a mutually assured destruction. Ultimately if we had to, we could cover.
Rice and Fries
claym711 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Treasury yields will go up, incentiving the fed to lower the fed rate and fulfill another Donald trump promise.
leoj
AG
Quote:

Loup Venture thinks Pinterest (NYSE:PINS) made a strategic error by running up analyst expectations on its short-term growth potential during its pre-IPO roadshow.

"Based on our experience as sell-siders on over 20 IPOs, Pinterest would have been better off speaking about its near-term prospects more conservatively to push estimates for CY19 to around $1 billion or even slightly lower rather than the $1.07 billion that investors expected," writes analyst Doug Clinton."

"It's unlikely that difference in CY19 revenue would have impacted the deal price, but it would have helped avoid the double-digit percentage decline post earnings. It may have even pushed the stock higher on the report if the guide was 6-8% higher than expectations," he adds.

Pinterest closed at $26.70 on Friday vs. the post- IPO high of $35.29.
ProgN
YNWA_AG
AG
S&P futures up 10 points
IrishTxAggie
AG
Come on DE!!!
ProgN
Quote:

UPDATE: Brett Arends: I tried Beyond Meat's burgers three times -- here's what I thought
Today 3:14 PM ET (MarketWatch)
Print
By Brett Arends, MarketWatch

As a vegetarian, the Beyond Burger didn't take me back to the days when I was an omnivore

Wait -- this is it?

This is the world's most expensive sandwich? This is the $5 billion--plus miracle that has people on Wall Street fainting with ecstasy?

Are you kidding me?

I'm sitting in a restaurant in South Boston biting into a "Beyond Burger" -- the vegetarian "but it tastes like meat" phenomenon that is sending Beyond Meat's stockinto orbit.

And ... huh?

It tastes to me like a dry, rubbery patty. The flavor? Meh.

Is it like "meat"? Well, kinda. Sorta. Maybe. It tastes a bit like those cheap, frozen hamburgers we used to get at high school.

I prefer the "veggie patty" at Subway. Sorry.

I was so disappointed I immediately called an Uberand zoomed across town to a more upscale restaurant to see if I liked its Beyond Burger any better.

I didn't.

"We used to have an awesome falafel burger!" the waitress told me, sadly.

I was so baffled, I went over to Whole Foods and bought a "fresh" Beyond Burger and grilled it at home. I couldn't even finish it. Not even covered in ketchup. I had to air out my home.

Tastes like ...

OK, I've been a vegetarian for about five years. Maybe I've forgotten what meat tastes like. Maybe I'd have the same reaction to a real hamburger. But I'd be surprised. I didn't quit meat because of the taste. And back when I was an omnivore, I used to love red meat, including burgers. And I mean real burgers -- ground steak, seared on both sides, and served rare. I used to adore rare steak, too.

But this Beyond Burger didn't take me back.

Some of my vegetarian friends insist they really like Beyond Burgers. And they are apparently not alone.
YNWA_AG
AG
charts

OA what are your thoughts on Marvell Tech (MRVL.) Looks to have support at around $22.50. 50% retracement would be to $24.20

Not sure how to embed the charts
ProgN
I like MRVL
ProgN
Oil going higher PM. Good news for WLL
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Oil going higher PM. Good news for WLL
I'm always a fan of oil going up
IrishTxAggie
AG
Completely out of WLL right now... CHK though...
ProgN
I went into WLL heavy, for me, at the close on Friday. We'll see how it plays out tomorrow.
gougler08
AG
Futures flip and are down 4 now
ProgN
Trump's Iran rhetoric. Open lower and a rally would be healthy.
ProgN
If AMD comes down to 26, I'll be looking at the July 30 calls.
aunuwyn08
AG
Me too. I'm hoping we can move on it this week.
ProgN
I don't want to scroll to find it. When do they present at that tech conference again?
First Page Last Page
Page 557 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.