Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,011,955 Views | 224171 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Spoony Love
FriskyGardenGnome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought 6/21 NEE calls (210) yesterday on Darvas box breakout. Continuation today on China news. Strike might be a tad high, but it's a 50% extension of the most recent runup. Plus, they were really cheap.

Very small speculative position.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
V looks to have found resistance @ 52wk high.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
leoj said:

So as usual I'm on my phone, but would I be correct in saying that CRM has been in a Darvis Box since about 2/8?
One could draw it back to 2/1 (broke out of resistance) and it backtested same support on 2/8.
Ragoo
AG
Bought the SPY 287 at the open for 0.38 and sold it a few minutes ago for 1.74. 1500 into 6500 in an hour and a half.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

Bought the SPY 287 at the open for 0.38 and sold it a few minutes ago for 1.74. 1500 into 6500 in an hour and a half.

Nice play.
SW AG80
AG
Ragoo said:

Roku en fuego

I just about doubled my $$ with ROKU but I obviously left some $$ on the table.
Ragoo
AG
SW AG80 said:

Ragoo said:

Roku en fuego

I just about doubled my $$ with ROKU but I obviously left some $$ on the table.
i had 1000 shares at 40.91 and over time it has revolved to 600 at 45.29
IrishTxAggie
AG
LPSN 7/19 $35 calls set at $.40 to double down if it fills.
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

You're buying the drinks next time we hang out I see...
gougler08
AG
Woah there SUM, don't need you creeping over 17.5 on the last day of my covered calls
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ragoo said:

Serious question: what does this mean?

That you bought calls on SPY that you could exercise to buy SPY at $287 per share through some date and paid $0.38 per share for these? Then you sold those same calls for $1.74 per share? This was because on the open people had negative sentiment about the SPY over the next X month time period but after it started going up the sentiment changed?

I play a little bit with stock valuations but am interested in learning about options.
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's just options trading the SPY.
mrad85
AG
Did the markets already shut down for the weekend?

Nothing happening - at least in my selections
02skiag
AG
Watch a YouTube video on buying and selling calls. A visualization is helpful.

He bought some SPY calls, they went up in value, he sold the calls. He did not buy any shares. The value of a call changes as the stock price changes. He basically bet that the stock would rise and it did. Buying and selling puts is betting it will go down.
YNWA_AG
AG

If the community wants to start publicly following my tip that would be great. If so, I think the optimum entry time is before May 27th. That's when AMD delivers the keynote to Computex and reveals the Ryzen 3. https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/amd-ceo-computex-2019-keynote-ryzen-3000-cpu-and-radeon-rx-navi-gpu/amp/
interesting tweet that shows EPYC ROME should continue to take more market share
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Ragoo said:

Serious question: what does this mean?

That you bought calls on SPY that you could exercise to buy SPY at $287 per share through some date and paid $0.38 per share for these? Then you sold those same calls for $1.74 per share? This was because on the open people had negative sentiment about the SPY over the next X month time period but after it started going up the sentiment changed?

I play a little bit with stock valuations but am interested in learning about options.
i bought the weekly call expiring today at the close. The strike was 287 and the price per share was 0.38. I bought 40 contracts for $1520. I sold them all later at $1.74 for a total of $6960
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/17/us-china-trade-talks-have-stalled-sources.html
Quote:

Negotiations between the US and China appear to have stalled as both sides dig in after disagreement earlier this month.

Scheduling for the next round of negotiations is "in flux" because it is unclear what the two sides would negotiate, two sources briefed on the status of the talks said. China has not signaled it is willing to revisit past promises on which it reneged earlier this month, despite showing up for talks in Washington last wee
Ragoo
AG
SPY selling off
oldarmy1
AG
Bought DE weekly $136 calls to next Friday
khkman22
AG
Sold an AMD 6/21 $27/$30/$31 jade lizard. If my short put is exercised, I'll own it a little over $25.50.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/17/us-china-trade-talks-have-stalled-sources.html
Quote:

Negotiations between the US and China appear to have stalled as both sides dig in after disagreement earlier this month.

Scheduling for the next round of negotiations is "in flux" because it is unclear what the two sides would negotiate, two sources briefed on the status of the talks said. China has not signaled it is willing to revisit past promises on which it reneged earlier this month, despite showing up for talks in Washington last wee

Nice Friday afternoon news to get the market to sell off
oldarmy1
AG
Lot of volume picked up at the lows. See if we hold here since everyone with the brain of pea already knew China and the U.S. were "dug in".
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Lot of volume picked up at the lows. See if we hold here since everyone with the brain of pea already knew China and the U.S. were "dug in".
So you're saying this is new info for AOC.
khkman22
AG
oldarmy, what did you think of Patrick Byrne's response to investors questioning his stock sale?
Shundere
Geez Louis. Tanking
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

oldarmy, what did you think of Patrick Byrne's response to investors questioning his stock sale?
I'd like to take him behind the woodshed
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought DE weekly $136 calls to next Friday

Jumped in at $1.35 with you.
Rice and Fries
Can someone tell me if there are also seeing a 600K purchase of JD around 2:25PM today?
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

khkman22 said:

I'd like to take him behind the woodshed
leoj
AG
I want to say I don't understand why we drop for obvious trade news, especially a broad sell off in non affected sectors, but has the market just not priced in that this could be a protracted economic conflict and it is still too optimistic?
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

I want to say I don't understand why we drop for obvious trade news, especially a broad sell off in non affected sectors, but has the market just not priced in that this could be a protracted economic conflict and it is still too optimistic?
We'll find out next week. Thus far all this is noise ABOVE the lows. I went as large as I've been on some stocks and some I had to go covered call that would be a positive gain if markets reverse or protect my positions if not.

Others I'm into shares or options. This looks like capitulation shaking before headed higher. We'll see.
02skiag
AG
Had BABA calls going up as the stock was still going down. Guess plenty of folks agree the sell off is temporary.
Shundere
Tried filling at the bottom and it didn't. Damn
oldarmy1
AG
Let's go DEERE! Get into the money today!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Back to options - if one thought this is likely a temporary dip due to pushing of early news as "breaking news", that person might be interested in buying calls for some date near the end of next week?

If so is there a strategy to what day of the week would be best (assuming SPY or other large index)?

If someone bought calls for the close of next Friday at some amount - say $286 - would they be able to exercise those and buy the actual shares at any time between now and close of that day? Or is that only an option to exercise on the close of that date?
First Page Last Page
Page 556 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.