Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,911 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by sts7049
Shundere
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, awesome. So much to learn still lol. This market dip has taught me a lot already, but now I need to learn how to manage during these situations.
oldarmy1
AG
If markets engage to trend higher JD will be over $32 fairly quick.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Sold half of JD 35 calls at double, the rest ride free to me. Still holding 32 and 34 strikes.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/15/trump-administration-to-delay-auto-tariffs-amid-trade-war.html
Quote:

The Trump administration plans to delay auto tariffs by up to six months, stopping itself for now from further widening global trade conflicts, four sources told CNBC.

The White House faces a May 18 deadline to decide whether to slap duties on car and auto part imports. By law, the administration has another 180 days to come to a decision as long as it is negotiating with its counterparts. Trump sees the tariffs as a way to gain leverage over trading partners such as the European Union and Japan during trade talks.

President Donald Trump risks sparking fresh global trade clashes if he goes through with car tariffs. The European Union, for example, has already prepared a list of retaliatory duties to implement if Trump targets autos.

The delay comes as the White House tries to strike a potential trade deal with China to end an escalating conflict. The world's two largest economies increased tariffs on one another in recent days, amplifying a fight that has rattled financial markets and threatened to drag on the global economy.

Trump is mulling whether to use a national security justification to slap tariffs as high as 25% on cars. In February, the Commerce Department delivered a report to the president saying that he could justify duties citing a national security threat. He also used the rationale to put tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
EngrAg14
AG
EngrAg14 said:

FB is making moves at the moment, see it hitting $190 by 5/31 if not $195
FB bounced off $185 and is about to probably break it, on pace for a 5% day.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Took small long on DOCU weekly 55C at $17.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Sold half of JD 34C at double, rest ride free to me. Still holding full position on 32C.
Shundere
My cost basis is higher. But I have 51 contracts, sitting at 16% rn.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought PINS $32 out to June That's less than a 50% retracement from engulfing candle bullish move yesterday to its last trend top.
oldarmy1
AG
Looking for that $31 previous 4 day resistance on JD to sell my half. Markets would have to have continuation above that 2852 and we'd likely see 2870's. That would give a darn nice ROI on JD I think.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought PINS $32 out to June That's less than a 50% retracement from engulfing candle bullish move yesterday to its last trend top.
With you. Holding those at 1.40 basis.
02skiag
AG
Big thanks on JD OA! Up over 100% so far.
YNWA_AG
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

YNWA_AG said:

BYND with 15% day today. Not sure what to think about that
Chick-Fil-A announcement

https://www.ibtimes.com/chick-fil-working-vegan-menu-already-research-development-stage-2791761
up another 11% today
leoj
AG
Tim Hortons announcement as well
gougler08
AG
NFLX with a big bullish engulfing candle forming
oldarmy1
AG
Entered a new position in OSTK and then announcement hits that the CEO sold 500k shares last 2 days. Sometimes periods like this hit anyone. Sheesh what a loser CEO; especially after his comments on the earnings call.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Entered a new position in OSTK and then announcement hits that the CEO sold 500k shares last 2 days. Sometimes periods like this hit anyone. Sheesh what a loser CEO; especially after his comments on the earnings call.
Wow, I thought about that earlier but decided to wait. Glad I did.
YNWA_AG
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Since we ternd to think from America perspective I ask myself what would I do if I were China. The tariff situation is clearly makes China the biggest loser. There is no winning strategy on tariff's in a vacuum.

I would first quietly signal to highest officials a potential change in debt purchasing policies. China is the largest buyer of our debt and has been instrumental in the ability of the U.S. to print currency, for its vast economic policies since forever.

Second, I would be working backchannels with foreign entities on replacing the dollar as the worlds mark. This might be going on already, and would explain the current rebound in crypto-currency. Even though I don't see Crypto as the ultimate outcome many do.

Bottomline - China has some wild cards to play if they so choose. It would send markets in a tailspin, if either of those were to become mainstream topics of discussion. You can see gold stocks with small bounces but they have continued to stay near lows (or new lows). To me that says the dollar play hasn't been floated. You change the world currency away from the dollar and gold doubles overnight.

Fun times.
aren't gold stocks at lows because of the expected fed cut by January at the latest? or is that only part of it?
oldarmy1
AG
Gold has trended down even during rate hikes.
oldarmy1
AG
CSCO and NVDA can charge the tech markets with some big numbers. Fingers crossed.
Trolley Problems
Sold half of the JD $35 6/21 position that I followed on. Holding the other half for pure upside. Thank you again to OA!
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone think we get more than a $2 move on CSCO on earnings? Interesting Spread possibilities with the May 24th $53 calls around $1 and the $52 Puts just higher. That's a narrow spread option into earnings with 10 days for a larger move.
ProgN
I don't trade CSCO bud.
khkman22
AG
Picked up some AAPL 6/21 $210s for $0.70.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought May 24th $47 INTC calls

Looking for chip report to be good plus some intellectual property protections being discussed with pirate king Huwaei.
rgag12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'd like to be a fly on the wall of their next board meeting!
khkman22
AG
Is the 5/10 to 5/13 activity on AAPL considered a gap down? If so, is the gap considered to be from the day low on 5/10 to the day high on 5/13, or from the close on 5/10 to the open on 5/13?

Would filling that gap have any significance on price movement upward?
Ragoo
AG
Bought SPY 290 out 14 days earlier this afternoon
YNWA_AG
AG
You don't mind the news from yesterday? There was another security flaw that affects chips from the last 10 years? The patch could impact the performance of chips up to 40%.
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

You don't mind the news from yesterday? There was another security flaw that affects chips from the last 10 years? The patch could impact the performance of chips up to 40%.
Yeah, I see that as to current price.
oldarmy1
AG
PINS looks to have found its major support lows. Reverse H&S breaks to the upside and moving higher.
oldarmy1
AG
Go PINS!
khkman22
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Go PINS!
This is one I'd normally stay away from because I generally don't think that type of company has any long-term value. Of course, if your wife thinks it's another ETSY, I might change my mind.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

PINS looks to have found its major support lows. Reverse H&S breaks to the upside and moving higher.
They report earnings tomorrow. FYI
CheladaAg
AG
Anyone with thoughts on ARLO? Its giving out bullish signals and looking to go green for the 3rd week in a row for the first time since it IPO'd last year. I use this for home security and have been happy with the tech. Any thoughts for an investment side of the company? I haven't done enough DD.
First Page Last Page
Page 552 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.