Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,792 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
E said:

So is it a general rule of thumb, that if a stock starts to fall right before before earnings reports, that its probably gonna be a bad one?

I am long in ROSE and it started to fall about an hour ago, earnings are tonight after hours.
It's gone up ~40% in three months. It was inevitable that there would be profit takers pre-earnings off of a small-cap. Not much volume either. You're talking about only $500K changing hands each day.
E
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

E said:

So is it a general rule of thumb, that if a stock starts to fall right before before earnings reports, that its probably gonna be a bad one?

I am long in ROSE and it started to fall about an hour ago, earnings are tonight after hours.
It's gone up ~40% in three months. It was inevitable that there would be profit takers pre-earnings off of a small-cap. Not much volume either. You're talking about only $500K changing hands each day.

That's what My hunch was, that people were taking profits. Thanks for the info!

I've got faith that this one will continue to keep rising with oil.
YNWA_AG
AG
BYND with 15% day today. Not sure what to think about that
pacecar02
Shundere said:

Looks like LPSN is stuck in a Darvas Box? 26.94-30.5
I think i'd tighten that box up, like 28-30.20
IrishTxAggie
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Chick-Fil-A announcement

https://www.ibtimes.com/chick-fil-working-vegan-menu-already-research-development-stage-2791761
Rice and Fries
YNWA_AG said:

Im thinking UBER has to be pretty pissed that their stale AF IPO isn't getting the love while BYND is selling fake chicken to Chik-Fil-A
Ag13
AG
Shiner Bock said:

anyone playing tilray earnings today?
Up around 5% after hours
ProgN
wrong person
ProgN
Irish, enjoy your family and break my friend, safe journey.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Irish, enjoy your family and break my friend, safe journey.

I'm going to be in a house with my family for 7 nights...Only one of the things you mentioned will be enjoyable.

But thanks!
ProgN
Will you be able to TexAgs and Twitter where you're going?
oldarmy1
AG
Less than convincing positive day. Wait and see mode for any big entries. Sure would like to see JD above $30
JobSecurity
AG
OA1 - One to watch if the markets turn down tomorrow?

BBY tested resistance again around 66.60 today and bounced a bit. Big gap from previous earnings waiting to be filled on a break down. Earnings next week so I probably wouldn't hold for long, maybe just do a weekly.

J_Landes89
AG
NIO Q1 Earnings Report May 28th
La Bamba
AG
Need good ES6 preorder numbers and forward guidance.
oldarmy1
AG
JD over $30

Listen to me markets!

Couple of upgrades to $39 and $36, and here we sit with our $35 out to June 21st. This could be fun.
IrishTxAggie
AG
How about some AVEO to $10 love? Can they listen to you on that?
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

How about some AVEO to $10 love? Can they listen to you on that?

Cure something!
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JD over $30

Listen to me markets!

Pop due to BABA earnings? Looks like a technical breakout on the horizon if it could get close to 32 and hold it.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

JD over $30

Listen to me markets!

Couple of upgrades to $39 and $36, and here we sit with our $35 out to June 21st. This could be fun.
I doubled down on those calls as they got around $0.10 on Monday...lowered my cost basis to 0.14
jtmoney03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JD over $30

Listen to me markets!

Let's make some money! I grabbed the $34s last week, but wish I would have picked some more up on sale earlier this week.
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

JD over $30

Listen to me markets!

I doubled down on those calls as they got around $0.10 on Monday...lowered my cost basis to 0.14
I grabbed more as well but sold those yesterday. Don't trust the markets right now. Give us a trend or a flush out.
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

JD over $30

Listen to me markets!

I grabbed more as well but sold those yesterday. Don't trust the markets right now. Give us a trend or a flush out.
i had 5 june and sold 3 for 75% yesterday and the last two are free money. Is anybody buying more today?
oldarmy1
AG
Monthly S&P chart shows a bigger picture. Love keeping an eye on this. Note the Darvis Box pattern that lasted 14 months last time. We could have one forming here and that would mean lows could occur to 2600 area, with flashes below. Not saying a trade deal would potentially break out to the upside but the double top on the macro markets, even with it being political driven, isn't something to ignore.

We have an election year ahead and the huge bulls might have reduced their plans to trend higher due to short-circuiting available time to get it done and exit before full blown election pandemonium strikes. Markets are not readable right now. Futures down 20 could break down for a flash below 2800 on a retest, fail or open low and rocket higher. It's a cluster and CSCO could be a catalyst upward after the close.

No huge positions but some lower cost options out to late June, like we did on JD are worth the risk/reward.

oldarmy1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

JD over $30

Listen to me markets!

i had 5 june and sold 3 for 75% yesterday and the last two are free money. Is anybody buying more today?
Smart. 55.5% ROI buying Monday June 21 $35 Strikes and selling yesterday anytime throughout the afternoon. That lowers risk on main trade by half. I can live with that right now.
oldarmy1
AG
Since we ternd to think from America perspective I ask myself what would I do if I were China. The tariff situation is clearly makes China the biggest loser. There is no winning strategy on tariff's in a vacuum.

I would first quietly signal to highest officials a potential change in debt purchasing policies. China is the largest buyer of our debt and has been instrumental in the ability of the U.S. to print currency, for its vast economic policies since forever.

Second, I would be working backchannels with foreign entities on replacing the dollar as the worlds mark. This might be going on already, and would explain the current rebound in crypto-currency. Even though I don't see Crypto as the ultimate outcome many do.

Bottomline - China has some wild cards to play if they so choose. It would send markets in a tailspin, if either of those were to become mainstream topics of discussion. You can see gold stocks with small bounces but they have continued to stay near lows (or new lows). To me that says the dollar play hasn't been floated. You change the world currency away from the dollar and gold doubles overnight.

Fun times.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I was curious if it was time to take some position in gold with current state of trade, seems like you are as well
EngrAg14
AG
FB is making moves at the moment, see it hitting $190 by 5/31 if not $195
oldarmy1
AG
Little 6.5M share buy on DE
oldarmy1
AG
Money market alternative during this period is Buying TEUM and selling $5 June covered calls $0.40+ cents. That earns you either a pure $1 or lowers your cost by 40 cents/share. That's a pretty good deal and I'm trying to determine what % of portfolio's to move on that.
Shundere
When you say sell the calls, that means to select bid instead of ask in the options chain?
oldarmy1
AG
Shundere said:

When you say sell the calls, that means to select bid instead of ask in the options chain?
Either way. Example the bid is $0.45x$0.50 right now. Only 5 at 45 cents currently. Any ways - you can sit at $0.50 and see if TEUM continues moving higher to fill it. You can take the 45 cents and see if more bids come in to take all shares. OR you can risk holding extra buys to see if TEUM rises but sell covered calls at 40 cents if you see markets lose early support.

We're talking extra shares like a CD, not holding shares. I see a lot less risk in TEUM losing $3.75 than I see opportunity for it to rise. Therefore I am willing to use otherwise sidelined cash for it over a money market.
ProgN
Did some news just drop, markets spiked higher?
ranchag04
AG
Mnuchin wants to go to China to work on deal and US might delay tariffs on autos.
oldarmy1
AG
ranchag04 said:

Mnuchin wants to go to China to work on deal and US might delay tariffs on autos.
auto's or oil? or both?
First Page Last Page
Page 551 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.