Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,092,868 Views | 224497 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks again to OA1 for the talk and to PaceCar 02 for putting it on google drive. After watching it today, I looked at CDNA (my wife just accepted a position with them, so I have been following a bit lately). Looking at the chart, is that a Doji candle yesterday? Meaning the odds are a trend, either up or down, may be coming? I told my wife that the recent uptick was the news that she was hired. So when she starts Monday, it may explode upward!

Edit: And obviously I do not know how to post the chart.
ProgN
S&P futures are down 26.
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/earnings/upcoming

List of this weeks earnings releases for anyone interested.
docaggie
AG
If only they could get a preview of the week's Trump tweets.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CheladaAg
AG
Looks like markets will be held hostage for another month.
UpstateAg
AG
BABA will be interesting. TD app says NIO reports tomorrow but that cannot be right. I'm going back to Mother's Day Seinfeld and wine with the wife, and futures can ********.
Edited because phrasing matters.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Only open options I've got are LPSN! Let's have some fun on Monday and Tuesday before vacation!!
oldarmy1
AG
Well, as stated, there is no technical analytics for macro-political fun.

Looking at straight numbers the current futures are a 50% retracement between high/low Friday. Clever computer program makes bulls/bears unsure of direction. I do love them so.
UpstateAg
AG
China is doing just fine without a deal. Just fine.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-auto-sales-fall-14-6-april-10th-082416264--sector.html
ProgN
2 Saudi oil tankers attacked, oil going higher. I'll be going back into WLL calls at the open.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Trump is tweeting like a mad man this morning about China
Gigemags382
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Trump is tweeting like a mad man this morning about China

You could have just said Trump is still breathing this morning.
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK $14.21 up another $0.40+ cents.

Computers did a good job fake out on it. Being right doesn't always mean trading right. Ended up just above even on that trade.
ProgN
China is increasing tariffs on US goods. Trade war in full effect. It's gonna be an interesting morning people.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Come on Apple $150!!!
UpstateAg
AG
Yes. This times 1 million.
Aggie_2463
AG
2/3 equities im in right now are drilling stocks

Hopefully oil price increases can help soften the blow of the overall market.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

2 Saudi oil tankers attacked, oil going higher. I'll be going back into WLL calls at the open.

Which WLLs you looking at? I'm thinking the $24.5 weeklys
oldarmy1
AG
Lose 2820 and I think we'd see a flash below 2800 into the 2780's. The only other gap now that the 2836 has filled is less than a 4 point one at 2744.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Are you putting stops on the 7/21 options you're holding, or are they (hopefully) far enough in the future to recover on better news?
IrishTxAggie
AG
AAPL there's a gap back in early March at $173 that might get filled real quick on this trade war...
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

Are you putting stops on the 7/21 options you're holding, or are they (hopefully) far enough in the future to recover on better news?

Holding them. Reason I went out that far and that cheap is in case this crazy volatility continued. If I only traded on technicals then after the reversal engulfing candle I would have been in a weekly just above the money for max gain. But these are major irregular events and if I lose a few k on a smaller trading portion I know I'm going to make a killing on the bottom.

My major holdings that are hedges more heavily are in great shape. I'd take a 2.4% max haircut if I wanted to action the Puts. 100% of covered calls have zero chance now of being called out. Most current round of those expire this Friday.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Thanks for your insight. I was thinking along the same lines.
Aggie_2463
AG
I missed the last time TEUM dropped down to $4.15 range, with the market pull back could this be one to find an entry on perhaps down below that range again?
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

Which WLLs you looking at? I'm thinking the $24.5 weeklys
I don't like dealing with the weeklys, I've been burned too much. I'm focusing on the 5/31 $24 and $24.5. They should be on sale on a flash down to 2800 and with the hot summer months and travel coming up, I don't see oil getting crushed. Throw in potential Iran disruption, they look like a very safe profitable trade.
ProgN
China said they're considering not buying our Ag products. Nothing like starving a billion villagers to keep things calm at home.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

China said they're considering not buying our Ag products. Nothing like starving a billion villagers to keep things calm at home.
They're full of ***** Soy is already in the tank, but they're ****ed on pork and there are only two countries that can help them with that: US and Brazil.
WestTexAg12
AG
I swear, every time I buy options it seems like it's right before the news causes the market to **** it's pants.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Rice and Fries
WestTexAg12 said:

I swear, every time I buy options it seems like it's right before the news causes the market to **** it's pants.
Let us know the next time you buy some options so I can buy puts and inverse you!
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

I missed the last time TEUM dropped down to $4.15 range, with the market pull back could this be one to find an entry on perhaps down below that range again?

Under $4 would be my add
rgag12
AG
Prognightmare said:

Two alphas trying to be the big boy. The two countries have the resources to make this last decades if need be (contrary to what a lot of people want to think). Not one country is going to come out of this a clear winner, and the sooner they both realize it the quicker we can get a solution.

But until then enjoy market chaos every so often!
EngrAg14
AG
Got some 7/19 SPY $295 and $210 AAPL calls hoping for the deal last week.

Are these even worth holding onto or sell and hope for lower entry?
Rice and Fries
My hot-sports opinion this AM: We will have a trade deal with China by the end of May.

The $60B of tariffs go into effect on goods leaving the US on June 1st. So that lends me to believe China is looking strong for their party appearances but I suspect there will be a lot of back door negotiation going on.

"Similar to the higher U.S. tariffs, China's won't hit goods in transit now. The tariffs affect products leaving U.S. shores on June 1 and thereafter, potentially giving the two countries time to negotiate a trade deal" - WSJ
Rice and Fries
With your sentiments last week, I would have thought you'd be buying SPY puts.

But you have some decent time left, so maybe hold and see? Tough call as idk the probabilites of hitting $295 in ~60 days.
FriscoKid
First Page Last Page
Page 546 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.