Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,080,827 Views | 224430 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by confucius_ag
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I closed out my LPSN (that's LSPN for OA ) and my WLL calls I bought yesterday. I'd rather sit on cash to see what shakes out next week. There's ALWAYS something to buy.
IrishTxAggie
AG
My LPSN is still open. I have an ask on them of .7
ProgN
I bought the 7/19 $30 strike calls yesterday for $1.5 and sold for $1.85. Better % than a bank and I bought a nice size so the money value was worth booking.
oldarmy1
AG
Big buy on DE shares

$3.5 mil laid down
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Big buy on DE shares

$3.5 mil laid down

Glad to see your order got filled.
oldarmy1
AG
All I wanted to see is JD hold above yesterdays close. Volume was huge and to the buy side. Similar to last time.

oldarmy1
AG
I see you institutional share buying on CX. Ain't fooling me.
mrad85
AG
Hopefully a push back up next week?
khkman22
AG
Forgot to cancel my order to close out my JD puts this morning so I wound up buying them back on the spike this morning at $.54 and then sold them again later at $1.06. Basis would be around $27.30 if I get called on them.
oldarmy1
AG
mrad85 said:

Hopefully a push back up next week?
Technically today was pretty convincing. Only way we wouldn't is if this is a major correction versus a short term panic selloff over trade deal. I made some larger buys in CSCO, JD to add to DE, LSPN and IWM.
Gigemags382
AG
So all this fear (not necessarily on here, just in general - though there's a fun quote below from up thread) and the S&P ended down about 2% for the week?

Meh.

EngrAg14 said:

60% lost in a day.

I really hope that no deal is made just to crash the economy and remove Trump.
Get someone in the office that doesn't send the economy in a freefall because of being a keyboard warrior.

gougler08
AG
Gigemags382 said:

So all this fear (not necessarily on here, just in general) and the S&P ended down about 2% for the week?

Meh.

CNN International (it's all I had in Mexico) had some lady on last night talking about how this week was a sign that we are in a bear market...coming off all time highs last week
Gigemags382
AG
At the rate of this bear market, I might be able to retire 20 years earlier if we hit a bull market someday!
ProgN
What a dumbass
cgh1999
AG
Hearing that WFT is filing Ch 11.
IrishTxAggie
AG
cgh1999 said:

Hearing that WFT is filing Ch 11.
I've had three texts about that in the last 10 minutes...I think it's gonna happen.
cgh1999
AG
There was an internal memo circulated after the close of the market. It's happening. No doubt.
cgh1999
AG
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3462762-weatherford-file-bankruptcy-cash-shortfall-shares-minus-12_5-percent
ProgN
LPSN jumping in the AH
jmcfar_98
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

jmcfar_98 said:

I agree. They're a dying company. They're about to file for bankruptcy in my opinion. They have been selling some of their frac fleets to just to cover costs. I'm surprised they haven't filed yet. Struggling is the right word. More like on life support.
It's a race to the bottom. Who files bankruptcy first; Sanchez or Weatherford?
Posted back in Jan 2019
IrishTxAggie
AG
Good thing they didn't fill!
IrishTxAggie
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

jmcfar_98 said:

I agree. They're a dying company. They're about to file for bankruptcy in my opinion. They have been selling some of their frac fleets to just to cover costs. I'm surprised they haven't filed yet. Struggling is the right word. More like on life support.
It's a race to the bottom. Who files bankruptcy first; Sanchez or Weatherford?
Posted back in Jan 2019

We're ****ing wizards in this beeotch!!
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

LPSN jumping in the AH

Amazing that we entered LPSN in the midst of the selloff and we're gonna score big on it.
oldarmy1
AG
Who all went into CSCO on the post? Moved up $1.50 from there. Earnings next week coming off this elongated selloff could get really interested.
ProgN
It's good to be in OA's good graces.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures are in the smack dab middle of yesterday's range. We look like a move below 2900 is coming based on that opening. I would be cautious aggressively entering even options unless an obvious v bottom occurs.

This volatility could result in a directional change correction. The negative tendency with the pushes upward intraday, yet not able to breakout are potential share dumping actions by institutions.

I haven't seen lot size confirmation but with the automation capabilities it makes it harder to spot.

No China deal is going to be too much for markets to shake off in my opinion. So don't be naked on stock holdings is my strategy. Bought some puts on strength about 5% out of the money and will add a ES Mini Put close to the 2836 gap mentioned. That isn't a bottom call-it would be an easy negative mark if we do go south.

Bottomline. I don't think this is a time to "be brave" or expose large sums of capital. Hedge and patience are the thoughts for this period.

In my best Patton voice: "Institutions, you magnificent b@stages..I read your book!!!"
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

TEUM

Acquiring a nice position in this global tech company.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4202542-pareteum-record-backlog-increased-revenue-guidance
OA1, You mentioned this last August. My question to you about long term, why are you so bullish on them? I consider myself fairly tech competent but know nothing about MNOs.
ProgN
What's your feel for NVDA going into earnings this week?
ProgN
MRVL stock is looking extremely attractive. Any thoughts?
tailgatetimer10
AG
If I had to bet the call is going to go very similar to last quarter. Inventory will continue to be a problem along with some slow seasonal sales
ProgN
Which stock? NVDA or MRVL?
59 South
AG
Anyone have any insight on TEAM? I've casually followed the stock for about a year and never pulled the trigger although I wish I had now.

I'm familiar with Jira and Trello which are both pretty slick but not their other products. $30B+ for a project management software company seems expensive, but it's not really a space I'm very familiar with. My very ignorant take is that it seems like it may have limited upside at this point while being a tad pricey to ever be bought out by one of the big boys like MSFT, GOOG, etc.

Edit for OA: you'll love its 1 year chart to illustrate the $100 magnet rule both up and down.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Nvda
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

TEUM

Acquiring a nice position in this global tech company.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4202542-pareteum-record-backlog-increased-revenue-guidance
OA1, You mentioned this last August. My question to you about long term, why are you so bullish on them? I consider myself fairly tech competent but know nothing about MNOs.

Everything will integrate with everything and TEUM has a nice path forward.
First Page Last Page
Page 545 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.