Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,631 Views | 224254 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you think CX could get to $5 by end of summer?

There are some low cost call options out there.
oldarmy1
AG
Shundere said:

Would 5/17 calls to 5 be worth .02?
If you see it moving tomorrow above $4.60 then maybe so.

Remember we used CX $18-$22 invested for call study. People hopefully still have it so they can fully appreciate the premium and price dynamics. The stock would have to trade above $5 because even as early as Monday you won't get but MAYBE 3-4 cents premium if it hits $5.
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

If its like other DBX earnings, it will soon tank...
I just bought 5 puts because the chart doesn't look good to me, so we'll see.
leoj
AG
Z up 16%. Had thought about taking a lotto there, oh well.
Shundere
Thanks for the reply, makes sense. I have noticed this to be the case with a lot of lower priced stocks. I know on ThinkorSwim mobile I can pull down a graph that shows the exponential model of the option payouts. Any way I can get this on the desktop application prior to buying an options contract?

FOUND IT
oldarmy1
AG
The thing about this is that it is no secret, except for the fund managers and too many financial planners.

gougler08
AG
Love that it basically closed the gap and finishes with a hammer technical
oldarmy1
AG
Quick! Someone post the DBX after hours chart. Surprised? Anyone??? But there is something key to learn here. Another nugget of gold. Get it posted and people make your comments on what that might be.
ProgN

Shundere
Engulfing Red Candle? Formed a flag pattern?

oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Zoom in on last 15 minutes of trading and then the after hours. That's too scrunched up so you'll want to change your settings to make the technicals become sharper.
jmcfar_98
AG
High and a low and now going to the middle. Nice triangle.
ProgN
Rice and Fries
jmcfar_98 said:

This.
mrad85
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

I get the triangle part, but was there anything that predicted at 23.90 that it would form a triangle?

I can almost guarantee that if I would have bought in at 23.90, that suckers gonna bottom out.
oldarmy1
AG
mrad85 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

I get the triangle part, but was there anything that predicted at 23.90 that it would form a triangle?

I can almost guarantee that if I would have bought in at 23.90, that suckers gonna bottom out.
How many have we posted that always do?

Now another key you look at is does the entire pattern bisect the last minutes of market? Or does it form higher or lower? This one formed higher so the TRADABLE part is if the triangle forms above the last minutes of trading then you are much more likely to get a pop higher. If middle of last minutes its a toss up and if below then a break lower.

oldarmy1
AG
Market makers did a stop loss flash down trade of 30k shares on DBX. Trading down to $23.23 for a blip. DBX is going to move higher after seeing that.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Market makers did a stop loss flash down trade of 30k shares on DBX. Trading down to $3.23 for a blip. DBX is going to move higher after seeing that.
Was the blip $23.23 rather than $3.23 or do I not understand what you mean? Do you see this as an options play, stock or both?
oldarmy1
AG
Corrected
oldarmy1
AG
Futures bumping around +6-8. Always tough to know if we can get any serious continuation or a retracement move after the first bottom reversal.

A strong open would have me selling calls bought today into the premium move and then see what develops.
ProgN
Oil is up so WLL should go higher tomorrow. I bought it back this morning when everything looked awful.
oldarmy1
AG
You like that WLL don't you?

It held up well on the selloff.

Futures +10.50-11

2900 would be huge. Expect that as previous support to be some resistance, should we get there.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures +10.50-11

2900 would be huge. Expect that as previous support to be some resistance, should we get there.

Glad I got off my lazy ass on vacation and sold some puts this morning
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Futures +10.50-11

It has been good to me. I've traded it twice this week. The premiums aren't bad so you can buy in size so yeah, it been fun.
Rice and Fries
DUDES...

WLL, am I tripping?

The Fundamentals on this O&G co are incredible. Low Ebitda/EV , the EV it's is double of the Market Cap.

The book value per share is $46 and this is trading at $23...thats a buy right there.

OA1, would this be a possible candidate to buy some leaps in place of the stock?
ryanhnc10
AG
Rice and Fries said:

DUDES...

WLL, am I tripping?

The Fundamentals on this O&G co are incredible. Low Ebitda/EV , the EV it's is double of the Market Cap.

The book value per share is $46 and this is trading at $23...thats a buy right there.

OA1, would this be a possible candidate to buy some leaps in place of the stock?

This is pretty consistent across a lot of O&G stocks. Most of these things have decreased 30-60% since last summer / fall. It's one of the reasons why Buffett is sniffing around the sector. Lots of value if you're willing to ride it out.
JobSecurity
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bye bye 2800...
docaggie
AG
I'm about out of seatbelts to buckle here.....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
leoj
AG
How are trade negotiations between the two largest economies in the world up to literally two people to work out.
ProgN
Rice and Fries said:

DUDES...

WLL, am I tripping?

WLL is a good trading stock or buy and hold at its current level. I'm also accumulating August $8 and January 2020 $9 calls on RIG. RIG should be over $11 sometime over the summer months and those calls are cheap. JMO
tremble
AG
Because only Xi has the power to cut through the hardliners with respect to the laws that we want to see changed to enable fair trade. It might seem odd to you but that's China.

There's a sizable faction in China that does want IP law improvements and further integration. Conversely, the other side rightly sees that things have worked out for them anyway so why allow the US to dictate how their economic system should work?
ProgN
tremble said:

Because only Xi has the power to cut through the hardliners with respect to the laws that we want to see changed to enable fair trade. It might seem odd to you but that's China.

There's a sizable faction in China that does want IP law improvements and further integration. Conversely, the other side rightly sees that things have worked out for them anyway so why allow the US to dictate how their economic system should work?
I tend to think that IrishTxAg's take is spot on. These other Asian countries are benefiting from this trade war with companies moving operations to them, and like he said they aren't going back to China. The Chinese and Trump both know this and this gives Trump leverage, similar to corporations leaving CA and NY. No deal will come this weekend but each passing day does more harm to China.
tremble
AG
I don't disagree at all. There is a sizable contingent of hardliners in China though who are happy to lie, cheat, and steal their way to the top though and don't want to change anything.

I'll be curious to see Xi's reaction here. Obviously he doesn't want to lose face here but we do have a pretty unique opportunity to negotiate from a position of strength while the Chinese have to bear the real pain.
ProgN
Agreed, but Xi and the Chinese hardliners don't want revolts in their provinces. The pressure on them is building internally. The futures are flat even after the tariffs this morning. The one big bullet the Chinese have is holding so much of our debt. They could hurt us pretty bad should they stop buying and dumping our bonds. I'm just not sure they'd survive economically is they did though.

ETA: That's why I'd wish Trump would drastically reduce spending, cut everything for a little pain now but we'll be stronger. I'm disappointed in Trump for his spending but like Reagan said, if we can agree on 80% of things then we can work together (or something like that).
First Page Last Page
Page 540 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.