Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,757 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Do I have to draw a picture for you? SONO - DURING TWO STRAIGHT LARGER MARKET DOWN DAYS A) Could not break support and has an reversal engulfing candle killing the bear engulfing candle over the last 3 days.

Hello? McFly?! Think McFly!

Buy more 6/21 $12.5 calls???
jmcfar_98
AG
Bullish engulfing candle?
jmcfar_98
AG
5/17 $12.50 are $0.15 bid with $0.25 ask.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Class is in session. I told you some key things about TSLA and this chart shows them exactly. What were some of those things?

We had established that $250 was major support. Once it broke thats the reason it dropped quickly to $230. Rules of the road are that once major support ($250) is broken it becomes resistance. So where did todays move upward come to a halt???

Does that make me a magician? Is it impossible to many times predict the movements of stocks?
khkman22
AG
Irish, were you the one that mentioned ELAN? I check them every so often, and looking at them tonight, there's not a lot of sustained movement one direction or the other. Without any research, they appear to be a candidate for a short strangle. If you were the one that mentioned them, just curious if you had any new thoughts.
dlp3719
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Class is in session. I told you some key things about TSLA and this chart shows them exactly. What were some of those things?

We had established that $250 was major support. Once it broke thats the reason it dropped quickly to $230. Rules of the road are that once major support ($250) is broken it becomes resistance. So where did todays move upward come to a halt???

Does that make me a magician? Is it impossible to many times predict the movements of stocks?

So if we break thru $250 (resistance) on volume tomorrow given the bullish engulfing candle today, there would be a call play? However I wouldn't want to do it cause Tesla.

Was there a put buy today when it neared resistance? I would say no given bullish engulfing candle.

Maybe the play today was selling calls over $250 for premium knowing it is unlikely to get there?

Just thinking out loud.
IrishTxAggie
AG
No new thoughts. I haven't followed them too closely the last couple months. Just have an alert set. They're going to take a hit on their livestock swine side in China (Everyone will. Swine flu cut my projections for this year by 20%). I still think Elanco will see $27 before it sees $35
gougler08
AG
Not sure it's a true engulfing candle as the open today was slightly above the close from yesterday
oldarmy1
AG
Think of it like a ticking time bomb. Major support has been broken and confirmed. Initial run attempt hit resistance of early short sellers but those guys are like bait. I expect TSLA to break back above $250 and make a decent move. $270 area OR if the markets give it a tailwind I could see TSLA trending to fill the $286 gap.

But I think it's all a show and TSLA losing $250 eventually leads to lower and lower lows. Just a hunch.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Basing is at $230.
Ok, that is correct but was posted yesterday. Come on.. what is the key technical here?

The volume peaks with a focus on the buy side. It's the sign it's bottomed/stabilized and will trend up before sinking again. $250 is the artificial ceiling?
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

GOOG holding support from yesterday = options entries day.

Only thing I had chance to look at today

GOOG +10
ProgN
Question for the board especially those in or familiar with in the oil/gas industry:

WLL has come down into the area that I wanted. What are your opinions on this stock? TIA
ProgN
NVDA is down PM. What price and call option should I put on my screen?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Question for the board especially those in or familiar with in the oil/gas industry:

WLL has come down into the area that I wanted. What are your opinions on this stock? TIA

Mega volume spike yesterday with low exactly on 3/8 low. Tells you major support is right there.
ProgN
Saw that, it has my attention now and seems like a safe entry point.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

Mega volume spike yesterday with low exactly on 3/8 low. Tells you major support is right there.
It also appears to have resistance around 25.50-.80.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

I got a sawbuck that says NVDA is green in the first 5 minutes of trading, if not already green by then. Hope for $178-$180 retest for entry into May 10 $187.50.

But I'd nab a few at the open if you get any capitulation red.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Saw that, it has my attention now and seems like a safe entry point.

My trade would be the May 17 $23 strike. In the money looking for a confirmation breakout upward by then. You can call out the shares if true giving only 70-80 cents versus tying up larger funds and if it losss major support loss is much less.
UpstateAg
AG
Anyone else looking at shorting some Netflix today? Has some pretty strong resistance around 382, and the 12 point jump this week for no reason other than they are raising rates seems insane.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Anyone else looking at shorting some Netflix today? Has some pretty strong resistance around 382, and the 12 point jump this week for no reason other than they are raising rates seems insane.

Only if you think there is more downside in the markets. I wouldn't
oldarmy1
AG
Oops- long week. Pulled wrong chart timeframe. That ROKU in the $50's IS WHERE we last traded options.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm not starting my Netflix short until 2 quarters after DIS service launch
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

UpstateAg said:

while I think and hope DIS+ is wildly successful I don't think you are going to see subscribers drop NFLX in favor of DIS. People are just going to say "what is an extra $6.99/month?" And subscribe to both.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

ROKU came into the $50's?! Sometimes work money prevents market money. Talk about easy $$$$
Where are you seeing this????
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

UpstateAg said:

while I think and hope DIS+ is wildly successful I don't think you are going to see subscribers drop NFLX in favor of DIS. People are just going to say "what is an extra $6.99/month?" And subscribe to both.
I think we will begin to see a "skipping effect" with streaming platforms that carry original content. Amazon is baked in for everyone in this country just about with their prime memberships. But with NFLX and DIS+/HULU, I could see people doing an alternating plan. NFLX on odd months and DIS+/HULU on even months. All the shows are binge watched anyways and the movie selection doesn't seem all that different. Disney can start choking out huge amounts of content on NFLX platform by not renewing contracts for Fox productions too.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/03/nonfarm-payrolls-april-2019.html
Quote:

The U.S. jobs machine kept humming along in April, adding a robust 263,000 new hires while the unemployment rate fell to 3.6%, the lowest in a generation, according to a Labor Department report Friday.

Nonfarm payroll growth easily beat Wall Street expectations of 190,000 and a 3.8% jobless rate.

Average hourly earnings growth held at 3.2% over the past year, a notch below Dow Jones estimates of 3.3%. The monthly gain was 0.2%, below the expected 0.3% increase, bringing the average to $27.77. The average work week also dropped 0.1 hours to 34.4 hours.

Unemployment was last this low in December 1969 when it hit 3.5%. At a time when many economists see a tight labor market, big job growth continues as the economic expansion is just a few months away from being the longest in history.
Trump kicking ass and taking names on the economy.
oldarmy1
AG
Edited. Pulled wrong chart time
jmcfar_98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

I got a sawbuck that says NVDA is green in the first 5 minutes of trading, if not already green by then. Hope for $178-$180 retest for entry into May 10 $187.50.

But I'd nab a few at the open if you get any capitulation red.

Already green.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Edited. Pulled wrong chart time
No worries mate, were ROKU to enter the $50's on a flash down and you were absent from TA, I'd have lit you up on Twitter to get your attention.
UpstateAg
AG
Literally my whole watchlist and wish list is Green this morning
Is a good economy do that? Asking for a friend
jmcfar_98
AG
Hope it stays that way all day.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

UpstateAg said:

I think we will begin to see a "skipping effect" with streaming platforms that carry original content. Amazon is baked in for everyone in this country just about with their prime memberships. But with NFLX and DIS+/HULU, I could see people doing an alternating plan. NFLX on odd months and DIS+/HULU on even months. All the shows are binge watched anyways and the movie selection doesn't seem all that different. Disney can start choking out huge amounts of content on NFLX platform by not renewing contracts for Fox productions too.

I think too many people set Auto-Pay on these types of services and forget them. They are not going to want to figure out more than a day or so in advance their tv viewing schedule. Just my opinion on the true consumer psyche.
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

Literally my whole watchlist and wish list is Green this morning
Is a good economy do that? Asking for a friend
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

UpstateAg said:

I think too many people set Auto-Pay on these types of services and forget them. They are not going to want to figure out more than a day or so in advance their tv viewing schedule. Just my opinion on the true consumer psyche.
I can see that too. I'm speaking from my own process. I'm a tight ass.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

UpstateAg said:

I can see that too. I'm speaking from my own process. I'm a tight ass.
you are very different from 98% of American consumers.
First Page Last Page
Page 512 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.