Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,637 Views | 224470 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by McInnis 03
bmks270
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Financials have been a disaster. Most bounces have been short lived followed by new lows. Here is BAC showing the big volume that failed to reverse the dropand now the current huge volume pattern over the last week. If we see a green day then I would say another decent bounce is coming.

If we see BAC hit a new low on trend I will be watching for volume spike 5 times over average intraday volume and take a position. Remember the tactic market makers love, to take a stock just below the down side before jumping.

Arrows added to show how market makers many times take a stock to below the 3-5 day sideways trend just prior to a move upward. Happens the same way for a selloff too many times.

How do you determine which candle is the one that will proceed the reversal?
oldarmy1
AG
bmks270 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Financials have been a disaster. Most bounces have been short lived followed by new lows. Here is BAC showing the big volume that failed to reverse the dropand now the current huge volume pattern over the last week. If we see a green day then I would say another decent bounce is coming.

If we see BAC hit a new low on trend I will be watching for volume spike 5 times over average intraday volume and take a position. Remember the tactic market makers love, to take a stock just below the down side before jumping.

Arrows added to show how market makers many times take a stock to below the 3-5 day sideways trend just prior to a move upward. Happens the same way for a selloff too many times.

How do you determine which candle is the one that will proceed the reversal?
You are looking for the basing attempt and then if/when that gets broken you are monitoring volume for the entry.

oldarmy1
AG
So BAC just hit below the 3 day support Yesterday was $24.37. Let's see if we see a bounce. I went ahead and bought some shares in 401k's because the S&P looks to have bounced off support.
leoj
AG
Do you like BAC over JPM for a long position? Just curious.
Shiner Bock
AG
I bought BAC at 24.5. Oversold!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Did Robinhood's technical issues yesterday not hurt any of yall?

Buddy of mine said no one could get out of their options positions.
UpstateAg
AG
It happened to me. Lost out on two option trades. Came back in time for me to sell and then rebuy this morning some NBEV
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Do you like BAC over JPM for a long position? Just curious.
I like BAC for larger % gain from below mid-20's over JPM. Frankly, I also like the price just in case we lose 2600 and crash. Total capital exposure is a factor these days.
WestTexAg12
AG
This might be a dumb question...

Is anybody holding BBOX or did you accept the tender offer? I currently have shared at an average price higher than $1.08 (won't say how high).

Thoughts?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
IrishTxAggie
AG
You're sol
WestTexAg12
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

You're sol

Lol I know...

I meant would you accept or hold?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
IrishTxAggie
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

You're sol

Lol I know...

What's the point of holding? Waiting for that one last penny in January? Free up the equity, write-off the loss, join the class action suit, and move on.
WestTexAg12
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

WestTexAg12 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

You're sol

Lol I know...

What's the point of holding? Waiting for that one last penny in January? Free up the equity, write-off the loss, join the class action suit, and move on.

Harrumph!

Fine... I suck at this game
oldarmy1
AG
Futures down 17, been as much as 20. Gonna test resolve of 2600 again.
badharambe
AG
Nice support around 2620.

Wouldnt be surprised with new low just to shake everyone out.
jj9000
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Futures down 17, been as much as 20. Gonna test resolve of 2600 again.
What is next support level below 2600?
Post removed:
by user
leoj
AG
If Apple keeps dropping that can't help things
Ranger222
AG
Have been long IWM puts. They were always the indicator over the summer for our move up, and right now they are the have the most bearish chart. 137s.
oldarmy1
AG
All financials have moved to green early
claym711
AG
Ill keep singing 'sell the rips' to myself in the corner.

In current market conditions, what bulls are essentially relying on is PPT (central banks across the globe that purchase equities to prop up markets), which is not conspiracy theory. Most of market volume is algos, which can easily be manipulated into purchasing/selling. Easiest way to manipulate is with futures volume. The fed playbook is clear. In time of low liquidity / high volatility, volume can move price an extreme amount. Fed first sends out the doves to talk quantitative easing to fabricate saves when market are at key plunge levels. If that fails, they purchase equities via dark pools and other avenues, manipulating machines via volume and price spikes to buy buy buy. Exchanges often act in concert, freezing market orders and the like to slow drops, an implementing things like the uptick rule.

That is currently the only reason we have not broken off to new lows, yet.

You can see that after every single bounce since we entered this corrective phase, buy volume has magically disappeared, and we sold right back off to key levels. Market is going lower, IMO.
oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

Ill keep singing 'sell the rips' to myself in the corner.

In current market conditions, what bulls are essentially relying on is PPT (central banks across the globe that purchase equities to prop up markets), which is not conspiracy theory. Most of market volume is algos, which can easily be manipulated into purchasing/selling. Easiest way to manipulate is with futures volume. The fed playbook is clear. In time of low liquidity / high volatility, volume can move price an extreme amount. Fed first sends out the doves to talk quantitative easing to fabricate saves when market are at key plunge levels. If that fails, they purchase equities via dark pools and other avenues, manipulating machines via volume and price spikes to buy buy buy. Exchanges often act in concert, freezing market orders and the like to slow drops, an implementing things like the uptick rule.

That is currently the only reason we have not broken off to new lows, yet.

You can see that after every single bounce since we entered this corrective phase, buy volume has magically disappeared, and we sold right back off to key levels. Market is going lower, IMO.

All of this is true but the outcome will depend on how long these support levels hold because if it is able to hold into 2019 this market is going to rip upwards with all of the natural influx of monies. I bought again just a few minutes ago across all my favs for trades and will continue to do so on these big down openings.

But I also recognize your model is not incorrect and that's why I post selling all the time too. I take the largest % of gains which happens on these flash down moves rebounding and am long gone not caring about precise exits.
oldarmy1
AG
If you can't see it - get out of trading!

AgShaun00
AG
anyone looking at MSFT calls bouncing off the 200 MDA
UpstateAg
AG
I rather enjoy selling covered calls on huge spike up days, and then buying them back on horrible openings. And in reality, if the executed, and our exes exercised, and if they are exercised, I will of made profit. I don't think many on here are that incredibly bullish or careless or do not perform due diligence. I hope not.
oldarmy1
AG
If we take a simplistic look at the S&P then 2620 holds into year end and I say the market moves upward. If we lose that on a 2 day close below 2620 then we see 2400 area.

So what do traders do? Why they buy on big down openings when they are close to the 2620 (and looky there!) you buy hard. Or you cover your short trades.

Buys then look for next strategy on either protection or exit. First exit of 25-50% of my trade I look to see any gaps and, glory be, I see a gap at 2637 just yesterday to today. If a stock has rebounded hard enough I go ahead and take 25% here like NFLX I just sold 25%.

My largest trade was the ES Mini Future options. I just exited 50% of those on hitting 2634 mid-range rebound. That one trade now gives me complete protection against a fail on the bounce.

You have to be deliberate and willing to pull the trigger when making these large trades. But doing so now 4 times on these big down opens down near major support has made a whopping 362% on those dollars traded. Do you think I give two squats if we eventually lose 2620 and I have to jettison any current remaining trade holdings entered today? Hardly
oldarmy1
AG
Big volume sell hit S&P creating a temporary gasp down that backfilled but set a sizeable pullback. Shake and bake or are we about to stretch the rubberband to see if it snaps?

oldarmy1
AG
That is an intraday Dreaded H above. Daily S&P has the same pattern as well. We bounced off 2620 2 times today with the one that occurred 5 minutes ago hitting just below 2620. The yellow arrow on the left is the last Dreaded H that failed sending us down to major support.

Technicals are signaling that the markets will lose the major support. I posted earlier this week that I give it 60/40 that we lose it. I won't move it higher but do pay attention that when you are testing major support over and over you best pay attention. And again I will enter trades long at that level until it does get broken because the technical are only one component.

drill4oil78
AG
oldarmy1 said:

That is an intraday Dreaded H above. Daily S&P has the same pattern as well. We bounced off 2620 2 times today with the one that occurred 5 minutes ago hitting just below 2620. The yellow arrow on the left is the last Dreaded H that failed sending us down to major support.

Technicals are signaling that the markets will lose the major support. I posted earlier this week that I give it 60/40 that we lose it. I won't move it higher but do pay attention that when you are testing major support over and over you best pay attention. And again I will enter trades long at that level until it does get broken because the technical are only one component.

I agree with you. Knocking on the trap door this many times is not a good omen. I am not a day trader and I am not a buy and hold guy. I do believe in secular bull and bear markets. This is looking like a cyclical bear within a longer term bull. I have done a lot of selling on the rallies during Nov. If that 2600 region is broken the machines will take over and we will see a massive drop quickly. Transports are yelling at everyone to be careful. If we take out the closing March lows then the bull is over for this cycle. A Dow theory sell will be given as well if you believe in that, and I do. The transports have already taken out the March lows.

The only positive is the sentiment readings are negative, but saying that they can go more negative. Considering all the media is talking about sentiment being so negative and is positive for the market is really a negative for the market.
oldarmy1
AG
Intraday S&P battle at 2620. What this tells everyone that didn't know is that 2620 IS the line of battle for trend.

Sideways is bulls goal while waiting to see how all the balls in the air drop. Bears want to break the Darvis Box and wreak havoc down to 2400 area.

claym711
AG
2400 area is also my next major support, though Feb lows should be a battle as well.
oldarmy1
AG
Trade wars have taken China to their knees, to the point where they are saying they are for sweeping changes. HOWEVER, they and other countries express this against a backdrop of slowing economies, so while a Trump tweet speaking of a coming trade deal usually pops the markets, it only produced a 4 point bounce.

oldarmy1
AG
Ok - We be below 2620. It's all about the close on a 2 day basis. This means we would not only need to close today below 2620 but Monday as well for technical breakdown to trigger.
FriscoKid
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

2580s and then 2530-2550 which is the February lows.
This
Ragoo
AG
Sold covered calls against my core roku position @41 out to the middle of Jan. Turned and used proceeds to buy more shares at current market.
First Page Last Page
Page 320 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.