Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,277 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you follow Elliott wave technical then BAC is coming off a 3 waves down which is read to be a pivot point to 3 waves higher. Get to it so my options rise from the dead!
oldarmy1
AG
https://marketrealist.com/2018/12/why-tesla-and-nio-are-defying-todays-market-sell-off?utm_source=interactivebrokersretail&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=main_permalink
oldarmy1
AG
Be smart. We filled the gap today which is one of those upside down downtrend days until/unless we break through upwards.
leoj
AG
AVGO with a big beat on both lines and 50% div increase. Getting in around $200 looks like a good deal at this point.
oldarmy1
AG
CRON spike on Altria investment news. Pot stocks getting lift
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

CRON spike on Altria investment news. Pot stocks getting lift

CGC and ACB big moves PM
oldarmy1
AG
Taking the $13.70 on trading shares with many thanks
claym711
AG
PPT put in some strong work over the past 24 hours. Must send Jerome a box of chocolates.
leoj
AG
Was waiting for MO to finally make a move. Also discontinuing their vaping line, wonder if they focus on IQOS 100% or go after a stake in Juul as well.
oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

PPT put in some strong work over the past 24 hours. Must send Jerome a box of chocolates.

PPT?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Picking up more MNGA here under $.29
oldarmy1
AG
Bears looking for an engulfing candle today. Bulls hold serve or consolidate and push upward.
oldarmy1
AG
AMZN loses its $11+ premarket move to go negative before finding support
claym711
AG
CME stepped in on Wed's flash and Fed was buying yesterday. I doubt theres gonna be any bearish engulfing today. Fed will step in.

For bulls over next few weeks, we might get a 'surprise' no rate hike in December, but will be priced in by the time its announced. As the 2019 picture has become more clear, Fed has become more and more dovish. Its going to be a tough market for dip buyers over the next year. Liquidity is lord of the flies, leading to extreme whiplash moves. You can create a peak market list and several boxes are gonna be checked off in 2018. Economy will be soft next year with little room to ease, no QE, less buybacks, "trade war", and low liquidity. Its going to be a wild market for a while.
oldarmy1
AG

AMZN not trending back down on the waves is disconcerting. Bulls see that as maybe big money not willing to retrace like all other stocks are doing because we're near a move upward. Bears see that as the markets will be hitting new lows to get AMZN fully retraced within its range.

I'd be very cautious right now because the bears have a better case.

Hope everyone was selling or hedging yesterday per posting.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Be smart. We filled the gap today which is one of those upside down downtrend days until/unless we break through upwards.
Good call
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

oldarmy1 said:

Good call
Well I hedged my MOMO buys but am still down 3% on that trade right now (with hedge that is my limit loss). Have to decide into close how to play it with option hedge expiring. It has a reverse head and shoulders formed on the daily so technically it is saying its gonna shoot back above $25 firmly.

See the two big sell order absorbed? $24.50 gets lost the markets in general will be tanking further.

oldarmy1
AG
The S&P has a bear head and shoulders intraday but the right shoulder isn't fully formed and higher so that might be telling traders we've reached the days low but I'm not touching anything as far as going in big on shares like last 3 times. I sold SOME nflx $265 Puts out to next Friday. That's the extent of my activity.
oldarmy1
AG
New day low on S&P
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

New day low on S&P
Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Going to go lick my wounds for a little bit. Not as bad as it could've been, but still a ****ty day...

oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

CME stepped in on Wed's flash and Fed was buying yesterday. I doubt theres gonna be any bearish engulfing today. Fed will step in.

For bulls over next few weeks, we might get a 'surprise' no rate hike in December, but will be priced in by the time its announced. As the 2019 picture has become more clear, Fed has become more and more dovish. Its going to be a tough market for dip buyers over the next year. Liquidity is lord of the flies, leading to extreme whiplash moves. You can create a peak market list and several boxes are gonna be checked off in 2018. Economy will be soft next year with little room to ease, no QE, less buybacks, "trade war", and low liquidity. Its going to be a wild market for a while.
Agree with your 2nd paragraph but that sure looks like an engulfing candle on the S&P and DOW.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
My guess is price hits around 2626 and then goes back up to 2718 and then 2769 in the next week or two.

oldarmy1
AG
Gap fills are the pivot points of pain so many times. Great to get them filled because it gives a target to exit but I feel for all the 401k holders out there.
FriscoKid
AG
2600 might be in play today.
Rice and Fries
Trump cant shut his mouth for one day and not tweet anything stupid.
FriscoKid
AG
? Trump didn't say anything.
FriscoKid
AG
Looks likes it might sell into the close. Fairly constant trend all day. At the trendline now. could even be some late day panic at LOD.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

Looks likes it might sell into the close. Fairly constant trend all day. At the trendline now. could even be some late day panic at LOD.
Reprieve just as you typed it
oldarmy1
AG
SQ red/green along with most everything. See if that big volume spike holds or is a wicked/evil hook play by heartless/soulless market makers
FriscoKid
AG
Well, that's why it's a bad idea to trade at the line.
Rice and Fries
FriscoKid said:

Trump Tillerson Tweet

"Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn't have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!"
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

Well, that's why it's a bad idea to trade at the line.
Your darn skippy!
IrishTxAggie
AG
snowmnag970 said:

FriscoKid said:

Trump Tillerson Tweet

"Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn't have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!"

That one isn't as directly linked to the market a other tweets have been
oldarmy1
AG
NVDA has the purest reversal green/red pivot. I sold next Friday $147's naked puts
oldarmy1
AG
Look at AMZN sinking into the close
First Page Last Page
Page 316 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.